Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, November 5, 2007

I hate hate hate going to the dentist

Have I ever shared with ya'll my intense hatred of the dentist. It probably stems from traumatic childhood experiences (i.e. I ate way too much candy and never brushed my teeth as a child, thus resulting in many many cavities).

However, I still hate the dentist. Although as an adult (with insurance) I understand the value of going to the dentist for cleanings and check-ups (i.e. to keep the cavities at bay). (SIDE NOTE: as an adult without insurance, I avoided the dentist like the plague.)

I had a dentist appointment today, just a regular cleaning but I have been dreading it for days. To start my morning off, I heard this news story on one the local talk radio shows I listen to while getting ready for work this morning. Awesome! Then I find out instead of being able to go home after my appointment (at 3) I have to come back to work because, god forbid, I leave early one day. I hate my life at this point, because well, I have a dentist appointment.

I finally get to the dentist and find out that my regular tech no longer worked there. I had finally submitted to liking her because she understood just how much I really hated the dentist, and because she is the only dental tech I have every had who, after she was done, I didn't feel like I had been hit by a mac truck. So, ok, fine, crappy new dental tech.

I really hate going to the dentist because, no matter how much you like or hate what your dental tech decides to talk about, you have to sit there and listen to them. LIKE A HOSTAGE. It's not like when you are getting your hair done and you can either chat back or barely respond and hope they get the hint you don't want to talk. They have their damn hands and 500+ instruments shoved into the tiny opening known as my mouth so all you can do is sit there and listen to whatever fucked up story they are telling you about other weird patients (think she tells other patients about the rude girl who didn't respond to her stupid jokes?) or her stories about her lesbian step-daughters' girlfriend and how weird she is..."you know, she just weird. I mean it's not the gay thing...well it's more than JUST the gay thing, you know, she's just odd." LIKE A FUCKING HOSTAGE I TELL YOU!

And then I fucking get back to work with that nasty weird "I've just been to the dentist" taste in my mouth and found out that, yes, I probably could have gone home but I didn't find that out until I drove ALL THE WAY back across town to my office (my dentist is like 2 minutes from my house, which is why I schedule my appointments at the end of the day, so I can just go home afterwards). And now I am still at work because other people can't get their shit done at a decent hour and I am stuck waiting for them to finish it up!