Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, November 12, 2007

Yeah, another award!

I think the only reason Misguided Mommy awarded me with the "Roar Award" is because I gave her a hard time for not tagging me on any of the meme's she posted the other day but who cares, I now have a second award I can post under "My Awards".





I don't exactly have an acceptance speech prepared, I mean this is so unexpected, but I would like to thank my loyal readers (and stalkers...I now your out there), and the random people who are searching Google for things like 'getting a waiter to check out my boobs' and 'he's older but sexy' (BTW, I am the No.1 Google search for that string of words, yeah me for writing about older sexy guys!)."
Ok, back to business. People given this award to are encouraged to post it on their own blogs; list three things they believe are necessary for good, powerful writing; and then pass the award on to the five blogs they want to honor, who in turn pass it on to five others, etc etc. Let's send a roar through the blogosphere! The image above can be copied and pasted onto other blogs. Also, a small size of the award for sidebars can be found over at the writing circle site.

The three things I find necessary for good writing are:

  1. An interest in what you are writing about: how can you really write about anything if you don't feel passionate about it? Or at least a vague interest in it... Most of my writing, as does many of the blogs and books that I read, stem from real life experiences and emotions. Truly great writing comes from letting your emotions be told by the words you choose to write.
  2. Innovation: I know we all have those blogs that are ranting and raving about bad drivers or bad days at work, but in an overall sense it's great to be able to read writing that is constantly changing and moving in one direction or another. Writing that shows development on past ideas or thoughts helps readers bond to your story.
  3. Openness: We all know the best stories are the juiciest ones! This one is hard, especially when you are speaking about close friends and/or family, but when you hold stuff back, it shows in your writing. The story never seems entirely complete. I am still working on this one!

Now, for the 5 blogs I nominate...

Since a lot of the blogs I read have already been awarded this award I need to do a little researching before I figure out who I am going to give me 5 nominations to...I am picky you know, can't just award it to ANY blogger. I'll updated this in a few days.

No comments: