Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Friday, November 9, 2007

Ouch that hurt

Yet another guest post by Misguided Mommy


When I was little I used to live a few miles away from Ginger. If we were walking it probably took about 30-45 minutes for us to walk. We kind of had to take some back ways and one of them took us down this big ass hill that led to a small field right in front of her house. When I was about 13 or 14 my parents bought me a scooter like the one in the picture above. This way I could tool around to the store, or Gingers or the park a lot quicker then on my bike or on foot. I used to go and pick up Ginger and we would ride around. I had a shiny red helmet and then a helmet for my friends. One day Ginger and I were leaving my house and we were going to her house. We came to the hill. Usually we would go down the wussy way but this time we got brave and decided we were going to go straight down. So down we went. I didn't even have the gas on and we flew. We flew like lightning. I'm pretty sure there were flames coming out from behind us we were going so fast. Only it wasn't a smooth trip down the hill it was all bumpy and full of rocks and dips and our voices soubbboubeneded like this. All the sudden next thing I knew I was flying head first over the handle bars and I cracked my head into a rock (you should have seen the gash in my brand new helmet). Suddenly there was a giant thud and the motorcycle landed on me followed by Ginger. Somehow I got totally mashed in the process. I was sooooo bruised up and my bike was even more messed up. We looked like totally assholes limping back to her house pushing my bike to her house. We assessed the situation and decided I would just go home and hide my bike. So I ride home, very very slowly and park my bike in the garage and hide my helmet and go limping into the house. My parents knew right away I was up to something. Not to mention the 8 inch bruise on my leg. My dad went and opened the garage and saw my bike. The headlights were bent, the mirror was bent the tail light was cracked and it was pretty bashed up. Then he saw the one inch chunk that was taken out of my helmet and just started laughing at me. He said that he wanted Ginger and I to put on some pads and practice going down the hill again and again. We just laughed at him. After that we NEVER NEVER went near the big hill again. A few months later one of my boyfriends thought he was brave and he wrecked too! Ouch that shit hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG! You were so lucky that it was only bruises and you didn't break anything or worse! Crazy girls :)