Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Let's talk about hair dye

Guest post via: Misguided Mommy

I'm not sure if I've talked about this yet on my bog but it was the first thing that came to mind when I was thinking of Ginger. Ginger has always had an affliction for hair dye. She looooves to dye her hair. She started out slow buying these henna washes by Aveeda and then progressed to full on hair dye. In middle school here mom kinda started getting pissed at all of Gingers hair dying adventures so we knew that the next time we dyed her hair we would have to be sneaky about it. We came up with the perfect plan. Ginger decided that she wanted to dye her hair black. We knew her mom wasn't going to agree. So we came up with the next best idea. While at the grocery store we went to the hair dye isle. Found the color black that we wanted and then found a box that was Gingers normal color. We looked around and made the switch. We pulled out the black dye, shoved it in a brunette box and vise versa. We told her mom our plan to finally just put Gingers hair back to normal. She begrudgingly agreed and off we went. That night Ginger called me freaking out. Her hair was BLACK BLACK BLACK. She had tied a bandanna around her head and was hiding from her parents. My mom and I went and got her and we bought tons of dye. We tried bleaching it, dying it brown anything and everything to fix it. The results were pretty funny. If you pulled back Gingers hair at the top center the hair closest to her scalp was bright bright blondeish yellow, then it kind of faded into a purple color and then black. Her mom was sooo pissed off but we told her someone must have tampered with the box of dye we bought and we were pretty mad and would never buy that brand again. She wore a bandanna to school for a long time after that. I have a picture of her with black hair that I am digging out of storage at my work today because it is so hilarious!


Addendum

I believe this is the photo Shannon is talking about...but I was NOT trying to dye my hair black, just a REALLY DARK shade of red. I've always only dyed my hair some shade of red (even if it was so dark it looked purple-black).


4 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! That SUCKS! My mom NEVER let me dye my hair. EVER. So then in college, I tried dying it blonde and it turned orange. Lesson learned.

Anonymous said...

I wasn't allowed to mess with my hair until 8th grade...sun in equals ORANGE HAIR, especially because my natural color is jet black. Lesson learned here too.

Thank God for Gina my colorist!

Anonymous said...

Do you all scrapbook? I'm so jealous! I have a million pictures in boxes...I need to take a class!!

misguidedmommy said...

no matter what it came out BLACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK!