Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, November 12, 2007

I totally cheated...

Every year for Christmas at my work we do a Secret Santa. I think it's a little ridiculous, it's just like exchanging $20 with someone else in the office, just in the form of some strange gift that your co-worker would think you would like, but probably don't, but have to pretend like you do...but that's besides the point.

Last week at our morning meeting, we drew names for this year's Secret Santa. There were 2 people not at the meeting and me, being the person in the office who seems to get the shit end of the stick, got left with the ridiculous task of having to remember to hand out the remaining 2 names to the 2 employees not present. At least a made it work to my advantage.

I originally drew the name of an employee who, simplistically (because I don't have the emotion energy to dwell on him right now) I hate. I haven't like him since he started and recent events have made my opinion of him even worse. Like I said, I don't have the emotion energy to dive into this right now (I will soon, and it's a doosey, trust me) but I'm not found of him. Sooooo...when no-one was looking, I peeked at the names on the 2 remaining pieces of paper and switched out one of them with mine...I switched my Secret Santa to a person who I wasn't tempted to purchase a laxative laced box of chocolates for. Was this bad? Who am I kidding, I know this was bad! But I don't care. I don't like him and I DO NOT want to spend any money on him!

Wow, I feel better that I confessed my big Secret Santa secret!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would do the same thing!!! I think I did do it Grammar school to get the boy I liked as Secret Santa.Not Regrets!LMAO!

Welcome back! How was your vacation?