Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Because I feel like it

Guest post by Misguided Mommy:

Little known fact about Ginger. She is a seriously awesome baker. Now, don't let the word "baker" throw you off because this girl can also make some mean candy. Last Christmas we teamed up and made some freaking awesome Christmas presents. We made:
Truffles: Orange chocolate, chocolate coconut, walnut and plain.
Lemon Cookies: oh damn they were good
Thumbprint cookies with 3 kinds of kisses in them
Peppermint bark: I could have eaten a whole pan myself.

This year the Truffles and peppermint bark will be returning but we will add two new things in with those to keep it fun and fresh.

Anyway I just needed to take a second to say, GINGER MAKES THE BEST TRUFFLES EVER. They are all round and pretty and sooooo cute and my good lord they taste good. And seriously don't even ask me how many times I dunked my fingers in the chocolate while it was melting (10 times before I had to wash my hands, because I would dunk one finger at a time to keep it sterile). Sooooo. This year, you know if you actually know Ginger, you might want to bug her for some of her fabulous famous truffles.

Oh now you ask why I don't just make them for you. Hahahah lemme tell you about the batch I made. While they tasted the exact same, and I even rolled some of mine in a little coffee before dunking them they turned out looking like...Ummm well bumpy. See I don't have the patience Ginger has. So I rolled mine twice as big, didn't chop the nuts as good and just smooshed them to the outside real haphazardly before dunking them. This made them look like they were bumpy, large and not at all like Gingers.

This is why I say, it's probably safer to beg Ginger to give you some of her pretty candy shop looking ones rather then the ones my uncle so lovingly called "they eyeball thingies".

Other things Ginger makes that are fantabulous:
Potato salad- no shit I can't fucking duplicate this stuff..fucker
Chocolate soufflé- I inhaled this in about 3 seconds
Peach cobbler- while I'VE NEVER ACTUALLY GOTTEN TO TRY THIS I know it is fricking awesome!

Soooo since obviously you can tell Ging loves sweets there is a fantastic Christmas gift idea for her, anything sweet and complicated looking, with interesting flavors, or simply a gift card to the Chocolate bar would do huh!

Anyway put in your order now we will be candy making machines the weekend before Christmas and if your nice we might give you a little extra treat...just make sure you request Gingers fancy truffles not my oogy looking ones (that still taste fabulous)

Oh and Ginger. I tried not to cuss in this post or talk about sex or fucking or anything or lesbians, or hot sweaty...oh wait, this is how you get your weird google searches!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm is this Shannon's sneaky way of trying to get you to make her something sweet right now?

Stephanie said...

You guys did do a good job last year.

Ginger said...

Shannon is so lying..I totally brought her peach cobbler one night!

But, to toot my own horn, I am a kick ass baker. My newest favorite is sour cream cinnamon buns with cream cheese icing...look for the receipe on Tasty Temptation soons (I have to perfect it first).

Jen said...

Umm... I want some truffles? HOw the fook do you make truffles anyways!? Ok I'm going to google it.

Jen said...

Hmm ok googled it. Doesn't seem TOO complicated although I think mine would SOOO look like eyeballs. I am the WORST baker EVAH.

misguidedmommy said...

your right i remember i did get the peach cobbler i totally spaced it...i had to whine long enough though!

i can't freaking wait for truffles though i just wanna dunk my hand in the pot and lick it.