Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Update on Friends & Money

Shortly after I wrote this post I emailed my friend and asked for the money. Obviously in a polite "hey correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were going to give me some money for so and so." After a few back and forth emails, she said she would pay me (less than what I had expected/thought but more than nothing). That was almost a month ago. I still haven't seen the money. Not really sure what to do about it because I have had money issues with this friend in the past (and really should have known better in the first place), and know that I will never see the money if I don't keep on it, but is it really worth it? Should I just drop it and cross it off as a lesson learned? Should I say something again...and again...and again?

2 comments:

chumly said...

Sadly money and friendships rarely end up not mixing well. It is worse with family members sometimes. I wish I knew the answer myself.

Jen said...

Hmm in my opinion it really depends on how badly YOU NEED the money. If you are totally broke and this money makes a huge difference I would definitely keep on this friend and let them know that. If it's one of those things where you KNOW it's going to be a huge pain in le arse and you don't REALLLY need the money- then I would probably say something one more time about it- and then drop it if nothing happens... But this person DID agree to pay you- it's not like you are coming out of NOWHERE with monetary demands!