Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Trouble is to close for comfort.

This Post has been rated: R by the writer

Editor's note: If you don't want to hear about my sex life (or past sex life), I would just scroll over this blog.


Last night I found myself pondering something. Pondering something that I knew would just cause me trouble in the end. Pondering something that would probably leaving me feeling satisfied at the end of the night, but I wasn't sure I wanted to head down that road again. I got home late at night and was looking for something (or someone to be exact) to occupy my time. For quite some time I have been infatuated with a certain dog park guy. I am still infatuated with him but am starting to wonder if he feels the same way. I know, that all I really need to do is ask him, but honestly, the opportunity has not arisen lately, otherwise I would have an answer to my question. However, my wandering thoughts last night had nothing to do with him. They had to do with someone else, someone comfortable and someone who hasn't been in my life for quite a few years.

For many years I had a fuck buddy, a booty call, a friend with benefits. It was someone I had gone to school with for years and years and years. Over the years we had always had a mild flirtation (or at times, a not so mild flirtation). However, as the years went on, as we got older and started becoming the adults we are today, we realized that we had nothing in common. If fact, to this day, the only thing that we have in common is that we like to sleep together. For about 2 years, we relished in the fact that all we had in common was that we liked to sleep with each other. I don't know his birthday, I don't know what his middle name is, I don't know what kind of music he listens to. And I am perfectly fine not knowing those things. This worked for us. A late night visit after a date gone bad, an early morning wake up call, a study break (well, let's be honest, no studying ever went on). Mind you, the sex was never great. But it was good. And it was consistent, and satisfying. There's something to be said for consistency. Last night I found my thoughts wandering towards this consistency. Except for the occasional awkward siting at a bar, this person has not been in my thoughts, or my life for a few years, until by accident, I discovered that he bought a house down the street from where I live. Since then I have secretly always hoped I would run into him. Not because I wanted to start things up again, but no matter what, even after all this time, seeing him, and seeing how he acts towards me, always leaves me with a boosted ego and leaves me feeling like a powerful, sexy person. Last night was different though...I didn't just want to run into him.





To bad he was out of town.

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

oooo i so did not know this thing with you two went on as long as it did. i also thought he had a girlfriend who lived there so if he doesnt then i sooo think you shoulda sent a booty message..then you coulda just hopped across the street and said hey dog park guy i'm in the neighborhood wanna bone and gotten two booties in one night

Scott said...

The "friend with benefits" really exists? And you didn't fall in love with each other? Wow. I'm jealous. And now I'm off to go hunt for a unicorn. ;-)

Jen said...

Ooh! I love juicy blogs like this! Booty-calls are the BEST when you're single. You have all the freedom of being a free woman- without the sex starvation!

Give him a CALL!