Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Let's get serious for a minute (Seriously this is a serious one).

While I was sitting there reading the newspaper, enjoying a cup of coffee and a sandwich at lunch, I came across the following article.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070822/NEWS01/708220404/1321/NEWS

After reading this article I felt shocked and appalled. I have always felt that child molesters to do not get punished strictly enough. In my opinion sex crimes are the worst type of crimes, mainly because the victim has to live with what has happened to them. The fact that someone like this is walking around on the streets just tells me that there is something horribly wrong with our political justice system in this country. A country that puts away tax offenders and pot smokers, can't seem to put people who molest children behind bars for a decent amount of time is beyond my mental capacity. This bastard didn't even get put behind bars for a year for each offense he committed. He got 25 years after being convicted of 69 counts of molesting children!!! Why is his walking our streets? Why is he walking our streets when they class him as someone who 'is deemed a high risk to abuse more children."? I would gladly pay more taxes to keep him in jail and save an innocent child from something like this.

Mind you, I completely feel that some criminals should be given a second chance. Things happen and sometimes people make bad decisions. Molesting a child is not a bad decision; while falling on hard times might drive a normally sane person to rob a gas station, it doesn't cause someone to harm a child in that way. If someone has the mental state to be ok with committing a crime like that against a child, they should never be allowed to interact with society again. Ok, I just had to vent about that because it honestly sickens me that the people who are supposed to protect us or letting bastards like this out on the streets...But hey, thanks for the fucking news article warning us he is moving down the street from the local elementary school...oh wait, never mind, since he is homeless the closest your going to get to finding him is that vacant parking lot on the corner.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Umm HOLY SHIT! They have that problem with sex offenders EVERYWHERE not having addresses because they are transients. I say keep them in prison then. At least that way we know where they are!