Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Friends & Money

When it comes to friends, they are your confidants, the people you trust with your deepest, darkest and sometimes dirtiest secrets. You trust them to hold onto pieces of information about you that you don't even trust your family with. However, when it comes to friends and money, why is it that it is always a touchy subject? Is it just that when you add the issue of money into any relationship it is a sticky situation or it just with friends?

By the way, I should totally be working right now.

Back to the subject. Currently I am in the situation where a friend owes me money. Now to clarify the situation, she doesn't own my money in the "I lent her $100.00 and she hasn't paid me back" way but she owes me money in the "I paid for something up front that we were both going to use that I would not have gotten except for the fact that she said she would pay for it and now I am out $100.00 because she hasn't offered to give me the money for it." How do you go about asking your friends for money in a situation like this? It's not a straight forward "you owe me money" situation, if that were it I would just ask for the money but it is more something I paid for, that we both used, but that I would not have gotten except she offered to pay for it. It was a few weeks ago and she hasn't made an effort to say she is going to give me money for it. Do I just suck it up and hope she offers to pay? Do I politely say 'hey by the way I thought you said you were going to pay for that thing...where's my money?"

What to do? What to do?

5 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

i remember one time i owed you money for a dance ticket and you came to my work and left a post it on my desk...that worked nicely. i would just ask. i would say hey i just found such and such and i was wondering if you were going to pay your half, if not i think i might return it. also i'm racking my brain trying to make sure i dont owe you a hundred bucks for something....maybe a hundred bucks for potato salad by now. ps i need recipe with the pickles thingies so i can make for brandons bday

Jen said...

Umm... In this situation I ALWAYS put it in writing. With my old roommates (before they finally moved the fook out of my house) I used to leave them notes or send them emails. This always worked really well because it was non-confrontational, and they couldn't get mad because they KNEW they owed the money- they just never liked to PAY the money...

I vote for sending them a note!!

Jen said...

Oh! Or a text message!! Just say, "Oh, hey so and so, I really need to pay my ____ bill and I need the money you said you would give me for the _____ whenever you get a chance. Thanks a bunch! XOXO Love, Ginger."

See? Easy!

misguidedmommy said...

doodly doodly doo post something new

misguidedmommy said...

you closed your poll i would so be on BIG BROTHER!!!!!!!