Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The weather in Reno.

I have never understood the people who complain about the weather. It is one of the few things in your life that you NO control over, besides moving to another location. I relish in the changes of weather. The split personality of the weather in Reno is one of the reasons that I have come to love this town. People always joke that if you don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes at it will change. This has never been more true than over the past few days. It was sunny, clear, calm and skating on the verge of 80 a few days ago; it is now snowing a mere 15 minute drive from town and was raining a few minutes ago, with a low tonight of 30 degrees F. On top of the bizarre makings of the weather here, we actually have seasons. And not seasons like they do in southern California where winter is like 70 degrees and summer is like 90 degrees. We have the changing of the leaves in the fall, wildflower blooms in the spring, hot and dry summers and winters that can dump 20 feet of snow in the mountains. I love the constant reminder that life has stages, that there is always a start and an end to those stages.

No comments: