Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Pro's and Con's of Living by yourself...

Pro: You can grocery shopping as often as you want, and try new things whenever they look good.
Con: Food always goes bad before you can eat it all. I opened my sour cream last night and it was like a chunk of cheese (and sour cream has like a 3 month expiration date).

Pro: You can cook something inappropriate (say like cupcakes because you watched a show that has them eating cupcakes and you can't get the idea of a cupcake out of your mind) whenever you want,
Con: When you do make something, say cupcakes, you have to make the entire box of them (i.e. 18 ... it should have been 24 but apparently I make large cupcakes so I only came out with 18). I now have eaten 2 cupcakes and don't want anymore. I have 16 cupcakes that I don't know what to do with.
Pro: If say...I wanted to eat all 18 cupcakes, no-one needs to know that I even made them and I can enjoy my cupcakes in peace.

Pro: There is no-one to see your dirty dishes pile up so really you can pretend like they don't exist.
Con: You are the only one to blame for the sink being full of dirty dishes and the only one left to do them at the end of the night.

Pro: You can spend all the time you want talking to yourself, your pet, your plants...and no-one thinks you are a mental case.
Con: You spend way to much time talking to yourself, your pet, your plants....because possible living alone has turned you into a mental case...

Pro: If, after working a 10 hour day, I feel like it, I can come home and drink a bottle of wine and completely ignore the pile of laundry spilling into my hallway.
Con: Besides self-motivation (slim to none on this subject) your house (well at least my house) is in a general state of disarray 90% of the time because there is no-one to nag on you about or to impress with your cleanliness.

Pro: You can watch whatever you want on t.v./movies, even cartoons or dirty movies, whenever you want.
Con: You have no-one to watch the dirty movies with.

Pro: You can cook whatever you want.
Con: There is no-one to brag too when your chocolate souffles turn out perfectly the first time or to applaud you for making an awesome dinner.
Pro: There is no-one to see you royally screw up a lemon tart and throw the entire thing away.

Pro: You can arrange your house how you want it...and re-arrange it whenever your heart desires.
Con: You have no-one to help move the couch at 2am when you decide it would look way better on the other side of the living room.
Con: And no-one to move it back at 2:30 when you decide that you were TOTALLY wrong about it looking better on the other side of the living room.

Pro: You can walk around in your underwear.
Con: You have no-one to appreciate you walking around in your underwear.

5 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

Haaaaaaaaa this is great! But you know, even when you live with someone, a lot of the time they don't appreciate you walking around in your underwear, even when you wear some that aren't granny panties for the first time in two years. Also, dishes still pile up, and since i eat so much somehow it is still almost always my fault! And if you pick the right guy, he will totally get drunk at night with you...but probably still not move the damn furniture.

misguidedmommy said...

wait wait....take that back, they will help you move the furniture only if you promise something ridiculous like head every day for a week....they get really mad when you don't follow through though.

Jen said...

Omg! Now you made me want cupcakes!!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stephanie said...

I very much understand all of this...and cupcakes sound fabulous right now!