Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Are we faced with too many decisions?

Lately I've been thinking about decisions. In this day and age women of a certain age have what seems like endless choices, which means endless decisions. While antiquated practices like arranged marriages and raising families is long gone for most people, are we any better off now than we were then? Are we better off now that we have the choice to vote in political elections, choose where we want to live, with whom and even what color our hair is. We can even vote for who our next pop idol is going to be. We can choose what to go to school for, or even if we want to go to school. What car to drive, what coffee flavor to drink, what color to paint our walls. Everything in our lives, every choice that we are confronted with we are forced to make a decision. I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy and the last line of the show was 'the people who are miserable are those who haven't made a decision." I have struggled for the past year with what I want to do with my life. My career. I spend countless hours pondering if I should give it all up and follow my unrealistic dreams and risk having a life full of good food and passion or should I stay on the path I am now and risk turning into a powerful businesswomen. How do you choose what you want, what is going to be the best in the long run when you can see the benefits and the downfalls of each choice?

No comments: