Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maybe I should consider putting my laundry away more often?

I live by myself. For those of you who have lived by yourself, you know how you only really clean up if others are coming over (ok, maybe that's just me...).? Either way, one of my problems is that I hate folding laundry and since I don't make enough money yet to pay someone else to do it for me, I tend to leave me clean clothes in laundry baskets until (a) I have worn all of them and the basket is empty or (b) I have so many dirty clothes that I am forced to put the clothes away because I need the basket to carry my dirty laundry downstairs to the laundry room.

The major problem with not putting my clothes away is that I can't find things that I want. I know that what I am looking for is somewhere, in one of the baskets, but that is about as specific as it gets. This escalates when I am running late (this happens often) and I start throwing my clothes OUT of the baskets and onto my bed or my floor looking for the article of clothing.

A perfect example was this evening. I was meeting friends to celebrate their birthdays with a dinner. I worked until about 5:45 and was supposed to meet them at 6:15. Theoretically that should have been enough time to get home, change and get to the restaurant. That is until I started realizing I was running late and couldn't find the little black jacket that I wanted to wear. Because...guess what, it was in one of the baskets of clean clothes. Fast forward 15 minutes and I was sitting on my floor, surrounded by mounds of clean clothes but no black jacket. I finally get up, on the verge of a nervous breakdown, and I walk into my living room and lo and be hold, my jacket was crunched up on the floor underneath a dining room chair. How it got there is beyond me, I can't remember the last time I wore it, however I do know I cleaned my house this past weekend at it was not there, nor have I worn it since last weekend. So I put the jacket on, decide it looks weird with my outfit and leave it at home anyways. Luckily there was a long wait at the restaurant and I got there right after my friends got seated. Running late has it's benefits.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

and seriously, brandons laundry has been in the dryer since last sunday.....

Stephanie said...

Ha! That is classic. It is good to know that when we hang out, I can always count on you to be late, so I can be a little late and you will still be later...and then hopefully Shannon won't be mad at me! :)