Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, April 2, 2007

The idiocy of the human race.

On Friday I was running errands for my mom (this is what happens when I take a day off, mind you I had an enjoyable first half of the day hanging out with a friend and even was slightly entertained when she proceeded to toss her newly pregnant cookies all of the bathroom floor of a foo-foo thai restaurant while we were at lunch). Back to the subject of the idiocy of the human race. One of my errands was to get some copying done for my madre at one of the fine office supply stores in the Reno area. I dropped the items off and went and ran some more errands (I know you could care less about the mundane details but blog readers don't have much choice now do they?). I returned to pick up the items and (1) the originals were missing and (2) I was charged wrong.

My first challenge was to obtain the missing originals. This is how the following event went:

Me: The originals aren't in here, I would like them back.
Office supply store guy (OSSG): Why do you need your originals back?
Me: Because I want them back.
OSSG: Ok, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm (it really lasted for like 30 seconds but I will spare you)...I don't know where they are. (with a look on his face like he didn't know that maybe the next thing he should do is LOOK FOR THEM).
Me: Maybe they got left in the copy machine???
OSSG: Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...(as he stands there staring at me like I AM THE IDIOT)....
Me: I really would like them back in case we have to make more copies. It looks just like these copies here (pointing the the copies of them) on WHITE CARD STOCK.
OSSG: (begins to walk around the 10 x 10 foot copy area shuffling every piece of paper around, picking each one up and asking me if it is it...first came a blue copy of something, then a pink copy of something, then a few random white copies of things. Mind you after each one he is asking me if this is it even though I specified it was on WHITE CARD STOCK).
Me: MAYBE IT IS IN THE COPIER STILL???
OSSG: Hmmmmmmmmmm....(as he continues to pick up the same pieces of paper he already showed me and I denied...finally he picked up a white piece of paper and asked me if this was the original. Want to know what was on the piece of paper??? Come on I know you do...NOTHING...absolutely nothing, on either side. He picked up a blank piece of paper and asked me if that was my original copy.
Me: Nope, that's not it (I held myself back from saying "Unless you have a magic copier that can make copies of actually documents from a blank piece of paper, that's not mine".
Me: I finally just stand there and hope that my passive resistance is enough to make him realize how positively stupid he is being...

Finally he walks over to the copier (does this sound familiar, like maybe it was suggested early on in the preceding events) and lo and behold, there is my original!

I won't bother going into my 10 minute discussion of trying to explain to a different OSSG why I was charged incorrectly (obviously beyond their mental capacity even though I am pretty sure my dog would have understood why the charges were wrong...then again she is a very smart dog!). Needless to say I paid $15.00 extra for my copies because I couldn't handle dealing with what is obviously the "Center for the Study of the Idiocy of the Human Race"...maybe they have cameras all over the store and geeky little scientists are sitting behind the walls studying how the true mental defects of the human race respond to normal stimuli?

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

WOW! ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW! I ALWAYS HAVE EXTREMELY SIMILAR EXPERIENCES AT KINKOS ON S. VIRGINIA BY COMP USA! EWWWY......HA HA GLAD MY VOMIT MAKES YOU AMUSED BTW.

Stephanie said...

I would have flipped on the guy. I hate stupid people like that and don't have the patience to deal with it. Good for you for handling it like you did. I love situations like that because it does make for a great story for other people to read! :)

misguidedmommy said...

doodly doodly doodly doo

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't mind I started reading your blog and it just cracks me up!!!

Lisa