Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Friday, April 6, 2007

Ratty old shoes.

Something you should all know about me is that I love shoes. I probably own enough shoes to provide foot ware for a small country, that is if they were all ok with walking around in flip flops and stylish (aka uncomfortable) high heels and my 1 pair of ratty old tennis shoes. Here's my thing...I buy shoes on a regular basis. The reason I think it is ok to own this many pairs of shoes is because no matter what I weight (within reason of course) my shoes will always fit. That pair of jeans on the other hand may not. Even though I buy shoes on a regular basis, I have owned the same pair of ratty old tennis shoes for 5+ years. Yup, I walk my dog every morning in the same pair of tennis shoes that I bought when my grandma still took my school shopping. I have since then bought a 'smart' pair of tennis-type shoes for walking around cities when I travel, etc. but they are not actual work out shoes. Want to know the reason why I haven't bought a new pair of sneakers? What stopped me from buying new sneakers all these years is that I HATE THE LOOK OF NEW TENNIS SHOES. They are so bright and shiny, like glaring headlights on my feet. It drives me crazy to look down and see my shoes glaring back at me. Every time I try on a new pair I always go and look in the mirror and then I look down at my feet, and it's over, the shoe's are back in the box and I am out the door. Trust me I realize that this is a totally bizarre quality, but come on, you can buy broken in jeans, why not "broken in sneakers". I don't want some smelly feet smell infused in them but a little dirt on the front, some grass stains, maybe a drop of paint on the front. Just something to make them not so glaringly bright!

I finally was forced to buy a new pair of sneakers today (I can actually stick my little toe out the side of my old ones now). I bought them despite the fact that they were glaring back up at me while I walked around the shoe store. I think I only bought them because I feel like I am walking on marshmallows. Sure enough though when I put them on to take my dog for a walk, I stood there looking in the mirror with my shoes looking back at me. AHGGGG, I just had to walk away from the mirror otherwise I probably would have returned the shoes. Instead I went to the park and walked my dog. I think I am ok with my sneakers now...only because I might have rubbed a little dirt and grass onto them so they are not glaring back at me. I almost feel comfortable wearing them but I think I need a good muddy rainstorm to break them in nicely.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

YOU WENT SHOE SHOPPING WITH OUT ME!

Stephanie said...

You are freaking hysterical! I was so happy with my bright new shoes and honestly get pissed when they start getting dirty. I will go shoe shopping with you...I could definitely afford to invest in some cute heels.