Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another Life...

Have you ever had a moment where you get a glance into a life that will never be? I read this book a while back called "Einsteins Dreams", the just of the book is it all these small stories of events happening at the same 'time' in parallel realities. It really is a great book and a quick read. Anyways, ever since I read the book I find these moments where I swear those parallel realities are coming together for just a moment. I am fully aware this seems completely out there but I had one of these moments today.

Through work I know this guy. He is originally from England and has this sexy accent. For the first few months that I had knew him we talk all of the time; he would call to ask something work related and 45 minutes later we would get off the phone, I would drop something off at his office and I would stay there for a half hour chatting in the parking lot. Things always went so smoothly with him. Then one night I was bored and was searching Myspace and found his profile. His profile that said he was married and had a picture of him and his beautiful wife on their wedding day. Hmmm, so much for soul mates. Shortly thereafter he left the job he was at and I didn't hear from him for months.

He called my office today and we chatted for an hour. We caught up on our lives like we we were lost lovers reuniting after years and life had torn us apart. Ok, that was a little dramatic but it was an odd sensation to be talking to someone that you know is utterly unavailable but at the same time you feel like you are talking to someone I was spending my life with, like I was chatting with my husband about what was for dinner or what our weekend plans would be. Only he is still married to his beautiful wife. For a moment, a brief passing in time, there was a glimpse into a life with him. A happily married life with the cute geologist from England. There's no sadness that this is the life that I am living and that that is a life I will never have, just more that it is a life that I could of had given some different decisions.

No comments: