Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I am a horrible friend.

April is a busy month in my life in terms of birthdays. I have 4 friends with birthdays within a 7 day period. Now I am pretty on top of it when it comes to birthdays and today happened to be one of my friends birthdays. I remembered all day yesterday and all day today I remembered it was her birthday but didn't want to call her early in the day to wish her a happy b-day because she works nights and sleeps late.

Fast forward to 7:15pm. I am getting out of my mom's car at the Pioneer Center to go see a show and this friend calls me. I am assume she is calling me about our plans for tomorrow night and just start talking about that. Finally she goes "Isn't there something that you want to say?"

I paused. I paused because for a split second I was completely, utterly clueless about what she was talking about. NO IDEA AT ALL. All the sudden it dawned on me. "Happy Birthday" I almost screamed. She totally knew that I had forgotten. The worst part is I probably only forgot for like 30 minutes that it was her birthday and she just happened to call me during that period.

So yeah, I am a horrible friend and now I don't know what to do because even though I've bough her a present and am taking her to dinner tomorrow night, I am going to get marked as the jackass who didn't even call her friend on her birthday.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

hey hey welcome to my club. i'm horrible at that shit! i forgot my own husbands birthday, and my moms. just don't sweat it, let her tease you some and then all will be forgotten!

Stephanie said...

April will totally understand. You are busy and have alot going on. Don't worry or stress. You are a great friend!!