Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, April 12, 2007

I had to learn sometime or another...

I am finally the owner of a bike. A used bike, but a bike none the less.

Most of you I realize are probably saying to yourself "So, what's so exciting about owning a used bike?"

What is so exciting is that I, as a 24 year old adult who has a college degree, a pretty good job and owns her own condo, does not know how to ride a bike. Up until recently I never really wanted to know how to ride a bike but I am excited about having a bike now. I actually wish I had it with me right now because I had a few too many Cosmo's at dinner and would be outside, in my pj's, falling on my ass all over my parking lot trying to teach myself how to ride it. But instead I will write a blog about being just drunk enough to go outside and try to teach myself to ride my "new" bike because it is sitting in my office at work. Which by the way makes me look all cool and l like I ride my bike to work when the hotties come into my work (I like to pretend that the hotties that come into my work are not married but they all are...see...in my fantasy world I can ride a bike and the hotties are single).

Now the story behind why I have a used bike sitting in my office at work. My boss, also a successful young women who owns her own business and the building that the business is located, did not know how to ride a bike until she got engaged and her fiance insisted on it. This was our bonding moment when we realized that somewhere along the path through childhood, we both missed the whole "learning to ride a bike" experience. Back on subject...Someone had given her this bike but she it is too big for her so she offered it to me like 9 months ago. Because neither her or I have the initiative to get the bike from her house to mine, the bike was sitting in her garage until her now husband got involved. When I got back to work today after being out of the office all day, the bike was in my office (from my boss) with a pretty purple bow on it (her fiance's touch, he is very thoughtful like that).

So now my only dilemma is how to get the bike from my office to my condo because I don't think I can fit it inside my tiny tiny little Honda Civic...

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

hey let me know and this weekend i should be able to borrow the tahoe and bring it to you

i'm excited because maybe now this means i have to start riding my bike again since i have been lazy for a whole month now and haven't done a bit of exercise. i blame this cold i have and the snow though!

Stephanie said...

In my fantasy while reading this post I imagined you, Shannon, and I riding around like giddy school girls having a great time!