Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wondering what to do now...

I started writing this a few days ago and stopped with this:

I really didn’t think that I had misjudged this one. I was pretty sure that when I asked the question (which is part of the reason I waited soooo long to ask it) I already knew what the answer was. I haven’t talked to DPG and I’m not really sure what to do. I have to admit I am a little pissed off. Is this acceptable behavior if, given the two options (a) he does actually like me, how does he think it is ok to go this long without actually taking me up on my proposition or (b) he’s just not that into me…in which case shouldn’t he just man up and tell me so? I’ll be the first to admit that I am totally out of practice (still learning?) how to do this whole dating thing. I was never that into dating and spend a lot of my time focused elsewhere…this is all new to me.

I stopped because I wasn't entirely sure where to go from there, or what to do. So I took a break.

A few days ago I finally ran into DPG at the park (ok, truthfully I MAY have kind of stalked him, just a little bit, in order to accidentally 'run' into him at the park but that's a minor detail we need not focus on). He hadn't called, I hadn't run into him and I was completely lost at what to do next. I figured running into him could go 2 ways...(1) things would be really awkward and very obvious he didn't call me because he didn't want to or (2) he would realize how much of a stupid boy he was being and he is really in love with me and we would live happily ever after. Too much to ask for? Maybe a little. Instead things were exactly the same as they were before I asked him. We chatted, for close to 45 minutes, about everything from my stupid work shit, to the fact he got a new job, to how much he was going to be making at his new job, to plans for his upcoming vacation, to stupid stories about random shit from our lives...but no mention on either of our parts about him calling me (or him NOT calling I should say). I couldn't bring myself to ask him about it and have the same thing happen again, so stood there hoping he was say something. Until we started talking about being out of shape and he said the following "When I was at that job (referring to his last job where he did a lot of physical labor) I was in the best shape of my life...185, totally hard and ripped." Ok, I realize that out of context of the whole conversation, this sentence sounds completely ridiculous on so many levels, but I can tell you that all I could think about after that point was his hard ripped body. I don't really remember anything else we talked about. I ran into him again last night. Same thing. Well not the comment about his hard body...but I obviously haven't forgotten THAT thought..thank you very much jerkface DPG. Leave me here thinking about your hard body while you go on vacation for a week, not that it matters because you won't call me anyways!

Soooooo....I am at a loss. I really do like this guy and hate to admit that he probably is just not that into me, but I have a feeling that is probably the case. Do I just let it go or do I turn myself into the crazy girl who just keeps asking him out until he finally mans up and tells me he's not interested or gives in and goes on a date with me (probably just to shut me up)?

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

HMMMM FIRST IVE BEEN MEANING TO ASK..YOU KNOW HOW HE DOESN'T DRINK..WELL COULD HE MAYBE NOT BE DATING YET AS PART OF THAT?

ALSO, I GUESS YOU JUST WAIT IT OUT AND FIND SOMEONE TO SCREW ON THE SIDE IN THE MEANTIME

Anonymous said...

I do the "funny bumping into you thing" ALL the time.

Wait for a bit, see what happens after he's back. You've put it out there about getting together. If not do what Shannon says :)

Jen said...

Umm yeah. Blah.

The ball is CLEARLY still in his court at this point. Leave it there. You aren't desperate. You're a happy, successful, well-adjusted woman! I would just "wait and see" at this point.

Even though it sucks.

Oh also yes: Find someone to screw on the side in the meantime! OHH AND bring them to the park to meet dog park guy to make him JEALOUS!!

Heh.