Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

They've finally caught up with me.

Long ago, when the 'do not call' list first came about, I signed up. And it seemed to make a huge difference in the number of telemarketer calls. Until recently...when apparently they have discovered that I am not home during the hours of 9am and 8pm. However....For the past 4 nights, between 8:30 and 8:45 at night, I have gotten a fucking call from a fucking telemarketer. WTF? It is so annoying. On the rare occasion that I am home during the day, I don't answer the phone because I know who is on the other line...my friends and family know better than to call me at home. But who would expect a fucking marketing company to call you at 8:45 at night? I sure wouldn't. Bastards!

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

yeah this same shit has been happening to me. and i've been getting so mad at the people. the last two things i said were

i'm 8 months pregnant with a two year old who just fell asleep please tell me why you are calling me at 9pm

the second was
can i ask why you are calling me while i'm sitting down to dinner.

Jen said...

There is only ONE telemarketer that calls us.. from Washington D.C. same time every DAY. I have stopped answering.

Anonymous said...

I forget where I saw this...answer the phone but stop them from talking and ask for their number and tell them you will call them back later at a time convenient for you.

Hassle them right back until you get their phone #...LOL! You might annoy them then you can hang up!

I can't wait to try this.

Anonymous said...

I think that do not call list has a max of 5 years then your number is a free-bee to call...try register all numbers again.