Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Are my ears not meant for technology?

A while back I bought an Ipod Shuffle because I thought that if I spent $70 on a piece of the newest technology, it would inspire me to exercise. No such luck. However, believe it not, I actually worked out tonight. My Ipod Shuffle came with the standard little ear phone thingies, as have many of my music players in the past, and I keep using them because I am too cheap to go buy the upgraded versions. The problem lies in the fact that I am pretty sure my ears were not made to fit these things. Everybody else wears them and never seem to have problems. I see skinny beautiful people jogging down the street with their little ear thingies staying in place perfectly, I see people walking down the street and hanging out at the dog park with these little things in place. Mine on the other hand fall out the second I get past the speed of 2.5 on the treadmill...think the vibration from my girls bouncing around has anything to do with my ear thingies falling out? They are also possibly the most uncomfortable things I have put in my ears...does anybody else have this problem or do I need to consult with a plastic surgeon about having my ears rebuilt so I can keep up with the latest technology?

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my gosh I have the same problem, they absolutely will not stay in. Everytime I see someone on campus walking by with them in their ears I just want to slap them because I'm jealous. I had to break down and buy the more expensive ones that actually kinda hook on so you are not alone!

Jen said...

Mine stay in if I am sitting STILL, however I had the same problem with mine while working out. They would stay in, but I had to really JAM THEM IN THERE. And they HURT. They hurt my ears. I need to buy some new ones because the right side stopped working. I think I will get some nice squishy ones.

misguidedmommy said...

i cant wear em either i have to buy special ones each time too

misguidedmommy said...

also yay for working out!

Anonymous said...

YAY for working out!! Mine stay still but because I can't keep my arms still while on the treadmill I keep knocking them out of my ears...go figure!