Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Blogging

Who knows that you have a blog? Did you create your blog as a way for family and friends to keep up on your life, or as a way to write about things you don't want to discuss with your friends and family?

I am always interested in why people blog and who, from their real lives, actually reads it on a regular basis. I read a few blogs whose sole purpose is writing about things they don't want to share with the people in their real lives. They want the freedom associated with writing without their wives, husbands or employers reading their thoughts. On the other hand there are the people who obviously use it as a way to keep their family and friends updated on their lives...there are also the people who are somewhere in between.

I haven't entirely decided why I blog. There are things that I don't write about on here...things I'm not entirely sure I want family and friends to know. On the other hand, there are things I write about on here that I haven't shared with my friends and family but, in a way, I wish they read my blog so they knew those about those things in my life. Most of my close family and friends all know that I have a blog, and where it is, but very few of them choose to read it. One of my friends read it occasionally, until I posted about something, and refer to her in the blog (in a not so flattering way). Now as far as I know, she doesn't read it anymore. If she does, she sure doesn't respond to anything I write about. Some of my other friend are aware it's there, but have never made an effort to ask me where it is or what I write about. Some of my friends read it twice a day (or try too) and complain that I don't post often enough. Is it strange that my feelings are slightly hurt that some of my close friends, who know my blog exists, don't take the time to read it? Or is blogging (and the reading of blogs) something that is only of interest to a select few?

Ok, I don't actually know where i was going with that because I seemed to have lost my train of thought, but my initial question remains: Why do you blog? Who knows about your blog? Is there anyone you don't want to find out about your blog?

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

twice a day pshaw i come here at least 14 times a day and get irritated every damn time you don't update

Jen said...

Yes I also check a couple times a day and usually you haven't updated. NAUGHTY GIRL!! Just kidding. Shannon and I clearly have not enough to do!! ;P

ANYWHOO: I blog mostly to vent. My family and friends all pretty much know about my blog. They can all read if it they want (although I have told my mom that she might not want to- so she chooses not to)... I don't really want my boss or other coworkers to read it, but my sister and husband are welcome to but never do because, like, they have far, FAR more important things to do than read stupid blogs.. Humph.

I also blog to keep a kind of journal- it's easier than writing by hand these days and I like the feedback... Eh... Not sure if I answered the way I wanted to.. meh.

Anonymous said...

I blog because I always kept some sort of written journal growing up. Of course since it was usually in a notebook that I hid in my dresser(yeah real smart) my mom always found it and I got in trouble for whatever I wrote that I did with my boyfriends. She tore up the pages of my journals (a few times) because she was mad at what it said. It still hurts she did that. So anyway she doesn't use a PC so I'm finally safe to express anything I want.

At first I didn't even tell my best friend about my blog it was for me. The only person I told was my sister. Our friends in Buffalo found it by accident (or a tracker they must have had on their blog...duh I was a blogger virgin I thought they found me by accident!) Then Lainey left me my first comment and from her blog I found Shannons, yours, Angie's and everyone else on my blog roll.

So I guess I started for me but I've made friend in all places of the U.S. & the world which is a great plus.

I'm always curious if my aunts, uncles, or cousins read my blog...I think I'm going to share messing with them and making up stuff to see if it trickles back to me! LOL!

Scott said...

My blog is definitly NOT for anyone that I know outside the cyber world. It is a place I can say what ever I want with out fear of repercussion. Sometimes it's just informational for the one or two who might read it, other times it's theraputic for me to just write whats on my mind. As an introvert it's my means of expressing stuff, mostly useless stuff.