Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Nesting

I've lived in my condo for a little over 2 years. For the first 6 months, I don't think I had a single thing hanging on my walls. Then I finally hung up a few random pictures and some random paintings I had when I moved out of my parents house. Those paintings remained on my walls until I finally removed them the weekend before last. I should probably mention the only reason I hung anything up until now was because I had guests, and I felt embarrassed that I had nothing hanging on my walls...a house can't be a home unless you have piece of art and pictures on your walls, right?

The weekend before last (and this weekend, which is why I have posted this until now) I think I finally nested. I hung items on the wall, that I actually wanted on the walls, that make me feel like I have cool, cute things on my walls that make my house my home. Here are some pictures of the things I hung up (notice how there are no pictures that show my floors...that's because they are really quite dirty and while I completely ok posting pictures of my clean walls, I am not ok posting pictures of my messy floors!).


My bathroom...I already had the baskets but now I have a totally cheesy plastic (so not adult) shower curtain that has a tropical beach scene...I figured every morning while I am getting ready for work, I can imagine spending my days lying on the sunny beach!

My living room...I had the red curtains and got the flower canvas paintings to match them. Don't you like my totally old fashioned rabbit ears to help out on the reception of the 6 channels that I get on my t.v.

My living room...I do have the best intentions of putting a black shelf above the giant memo board and pictures on the giant memo board (I just have to hunt down my giant box of photos that have gone MIA at the the moment).


I have three of these little mirrors going down both sides of my hallway. I also have the best of intentions to hang photos between the frames...again, back the missing box of photos!



This is hanging above the overhang heading into my kitchen. Again, I have the best of intentions to hang photos on both sides of it...damn missing box of photos!


One of the walls in my dining room...

Now I'm curious...What makes your house your home?

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

oooh what makes my house a home would be the 40 panty liners laying all ver that my son scattered around!!

loooove the bathroom come do mine mmmkay

misguidedmommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.