Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

What friends are for.

I have this friend. Not to get into too many details, but she has a lot of weird habits. Weird habits that I normally make fun of her for. One of these habits is that she puts ice in her milk when she drinks milk. To no end, I used to make fun of her for putting ice cubes in her milk. I mean, really, who puts ice in their milk?

Here's the kicker, I like drinking milk at certain times (i.e. when I am enjoying my mmmmmalicious chocolate chip cookies) but I never used to because I don't like warm milk. I always had to drink milk RIGHT out of the fridge, otherwise I got all uuukkkked out because it was too warm.

So one day (I can't EVER admit this to her by the way), I tried putting ice in my milk. TA DA, problem solved. I now had ice cold milk. Whod a thunk it? What a concept? Putting ice in milk to keep it cold. Hmmm, now I can enjoy my ice cold milk with my warm fresh cookies.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

eww eww ewww ewwwwww no no no so will never try this. i also always ALWAYS have to have my milk cold. which is why i either pour it in a cup and drink it right away or drink it right out of the carton (which i can do cuz i drink blue milk and the boys drink red)

misguidedmommy said...

is this maybe the same friend who likes to drink lemon juice?