Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, October 29, 2007

I am in so much trouble...

I just realized today that they are building a Starbucks about 2 blocks from my work...not good, not good at all. The only thing that will probably save me from this is that there is an even better organic, fair trade drive thru coffee place about 10 blocks from my work...I would so much rather have them support my coffee addiction than evil corporate Starbucks (although they really do make the best damn Caramel Macchiato's). As a side note, this now means I drive 5 coffee shops on my way to work (the 10 minute drive to work). How addicted to caffeine are we as a country that on my 10 minute drive to work, I drive my 5 coffee shops?

4 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

how sad is it that the new one by golds gym is to far from me. i seriously whine there isn't one on my street!

Jen said...

In Portland there is one coffee shop per every 18 people. And there are like 2.5 million people that live here. Do the math! We are a VERY caffeine addicted society ; )

Lainey-Paney said...

Starbucks gets to be sooooo expensive once you develop the addiction. In one pay period, I added up my Starbucks transactions, & it was almost a hundred bucks.

that was an eye opener!

...but the winter season is approaching...and I am in LOVE with their gingerbread lattes....ugh!

Anonymous said...

Yikes! $100 dollars. I should do that too I bet you mine adds up as well. I have one next door to my office building...they are so hard to ignore.