Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A little bit of randomness...

Just some randomness from today....

  • I am exhausted for 2 reasons today, (1) I did not have coffee this morning...Oh wait, I just remembered I put my Dr. Pepper from lunch in the freezer, damn it! Now I am going to have a popsicle instead of a soda! and (2) I stayed up until 1:30 doing arts & crafts (i.e. painting a gold picture frame black because I don't particularly like gold colored things) and watching Sex & the City.
  • It was some one's birthday at work today. This means we ordered lunch and bought a dessert. Today's dessert was a generic ice cream cake. Good, but it wasn't a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake. Now all I can think about is a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake decorated with yummy, sugary frosting balloons. Baskin Robbins ice cream cakes are the bomb. I am now seriously considering ordering an ice cream cake for myself...but I won't because all I would eat is the frosting. Do you think they would sell me a scoop of ice cream decorated with massive amounts of ice cream cake frosting?
  • All day I have been smelling something weird, not really bad, just weird, and I think I have finally figure out that it is my shoes...I think I need to throw them away...which is sad, because they are my favorite work high heels. The death of a good pair of shoes is a sad, sad occasion! And now I am wondering if anybody has been able to smell the weird smell, or if I am just super paranoid about my feet smelling and there really isn't any weird smell.
  • My work just hired someone that I went to high school (and was kind of friends) with for a position not really related to what I do, but really there's only like 10 people in my office so even though it's not really related, it's still related...I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that. The girl is nice enough, but it's the whole intermingling of "friend" Ginger with "work" Ginger that I'm not sure I'm down with. I like having different personalities for different areas of my life. Great, now you all think I have multiple personalities!
  • And just now I got a call on my work cell phone with some little kid screaming "Helllllloooo...hellow....I'm Hannah Montana!" I hung up immediately, it obviously wasn't work related.

So, that pretty much sums up my day...I am now apparently a psychotic with multiple personalities who is mourning the death of her shoes and craving an ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins...and whose vision is now starting to go blurry because of her lack of sleep last night because she just 'had' to paint that picture frame!

3 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

first...i feel you on baskin robins frosting..didja know you can go up there and get single serving cakes (okay really supposed to be like 4 servings but its one serving for me) that are already premade so you dont have to wait....just some fyi

second. on the topic of baskin robbins i'm dying dying dying to try that oreo explosion shit they have there..why does the tv keep showing me those commercials

third. who is the person we know from school i'm dying to know

4th so very sad about the shoes

5th when are we going to baskin robbins jerk now i cant stop thinking about fucking frosting and oreo shit

Stephanie said...

I am with Shannon on wanted to know who works there from high school.

And now I want Baskin Robins!!!

Jen said...

Hmm WHAT Oreo explosion thing?! Hungry..

BTW the Creme Brulee Ice cream by Ben and Jerry's really is GROSS...

Umm what else..? Yeah who is the person from high school?

I am also sad about the shoes.