Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Missing the boat.

This past week I was out of town training some new staff at our satellite location. Most of my time out there was spent training but on the last day of my trip, I attended an open house for a company that we do work with. This company happens to employee this guy who, well, hmmm...let's start from the beginning...

I met this guy when he worked for another company that I do work with. He was in charge of a project that they were using our services for. Because of some bad scheduling on their end, they started this project without really knowing what they were doing or what they needed. And this guy was relatively new at the job so he needed help. Because of this, I spent a lot of time on the phone with him. Most of it was totally professional but it got to the point where he was calling me at home or on the weekends to help sort stuff out at the last minute. As lame this sounds, because I realize we had a totally professional relationship, I almost missed talking ot him when their project finally got organized and we were no longer talking all the time. Anyways, at that point I had only met him once in person for a very brief period of time. He was my age, cute and, as I learned in all of our conversations, funny and seemed like a cool guy. So I might have developed a little innocent crush on him. The kind that you have a guy you know nothing will ever have anything with, but you still can't help but be attracted to him. Shortly after this project was completed, he left the company and went to work for a different company that we do work with as well. Since then, I have talked to him once or twice but just for quick work-related things.

Anywho, he worked for the company that was having the open house. And I was (maybe) a little excited to see him again and try to find out if he was maybe single, because he always seemed kind of available, but it never came up and I had no idea. But you know, I am always trying to keep my eyes open because I am sick of being single. So I go and I'm talking to some other people and finally make my way to where he is and we start talking and having a good time, talking about college and living in Reno and moving back there (home to him) and this and that and, auuuugggg, he was so cute and such a cool guy. A few other people join the conversation and it somehow gets around to someone else's trip to Mexico in April. The he says he is going to Mexico in 2009 but doesn't seem too excited about it so I probe for details (because, if you all haven't figured this one out yet, I don't understand people who don't like to travel). Then he says "Well, it's for my wife's friend's wedding." FUCK FUCK FUCK! He wasn't even wearing a ring! Another one? Seriously? You've got to be kidding me?!?!?!

So I left for home feeling totally dejected. It honestly had nothing to do with this guy specifically because I barely knew him, it just has to do with the fact that every guy I know that is around my age, cute, funny, attractive and seems like he might be a possibility is fucking married or engaged. It left me feeling like I totally missed the boat. In college I has some fun, but honestly got totally wrapped up in school and now I feel like I may have missed my chance for finding someone. In reality, I know this is totally (well, maybe not) absurd because I am sure there are a ton of great guys out there, but how can I not feel totally left in the dust when every guy that I start to notice is taken? If nothing else, if they are married, can we maybe pass a law that causes all married men to get a stamp on their forehead's that says so. This way, right from the start, I will know they are off the market.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Or you could do what I did and marry an older, divorced guy. Once they are in their mid-thirties they are just getting over that stupid impulsive marriage from their twenties and they are ready for a REAL RELATIONSHIP.

I just totally made that up, but it worked for me, anyway.

Meh.

SeaWorthy said...

Im steppin out there and am going to tell you to keep your eyes WIDE open. Because when you least expect it- there he is. I am not kidding you. Dont fret, my friend. He is out there, and guess what--hes looking for YOU too. You will stumble onto eachother, sooner- or later. Keep that chin up!
Youve got alot to offer. (from what I read)
I like your blog, sista
Lisa
coastal nest