Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Saturday, March 1, 2008

The loneliest feeling...

So I have been sick since Wed. Wed. I just felt like I had a bad cough, I figured I had just been working weird hours, traveled a bunch (I was out of town for a trade show for work) and I had been out late the night before. I figured it would go away quick enough. Then Thursday came around I realized that I must have caught whatever crap flu has been going around because I was sicker than I think I have ever been, alternating between burning up because of my fever and chills, coughing (or well, hacking is more like it), I felt like I was drunk because my head was so congested and blah blah blah. Just be thankful you don't have what I had (or hope you don't get it!).

Since Thursday I have spent about 90% of my time either in front of my TV sleeping, or in my bed sleeping. How's that for an exciting weekend? It got me thinking, being sick is one of the loneliest times when your a single person, living by yourself. I mean, when your a kid you have your parents and/or siblings around to take care of you, when your in a relationship you have your significant other to do those things. When your single, there is no-one to take care of you. No-one to whine to, no-one to bring you some tea, no-one to run to the store to buy you rice crispy treats because that is all you really want (so you end up going yourself, probably infecting half of the grocery store, and realize they are out of rice crispy treats, so you get so pissed off that you forget to buy dog food while you are there and don't realize it until you get home, which means that unless you want you hungry dog following you around the house barking at you because it is dinner time, you have to take your tired sick ass BACK to the store). (How's that for a run-on sentence?).

Ok, well truthfully that's all I really wanted to say and I don't really have the brain-power to think of anything more exciting to say right now.

But don't forget...it's my 1 year blogiversary on March 7th. Feel free to ask me any question you want to know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ginger! I'm soory you are sick. I hope you are feeling better soon. I here ya being single & sick sucks! We gotta work on that being single problem...both of us!