Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Friday, March 7, 2008

A few remaning drops...

First of all, my readers all rock. You guys are all great people and I am lucky to have you in my life (even if it is only through this blog!). I got a few more questions after the fact that I wanted to answer as well.

So here we go...

Misguided Mommy asked me "what is the thing hiding in your house that reminds you of a guy and something or other from one of your vacations?" A while back I had written this post about having something in my kitchen that reminded me of my dirty little secret. This, I am sorry to say, I will not tell you about. I treasure this stupid memento for what it stands for and I am not going to share with you what it is, that would take the fun out of leaving it up in plain view all of the time. I know, you AB. SO. LUTE. LY HATE ME RIGHT NOW! Too bad, so sad, on to the next question...

Babba Unknown asked "Anywho... I do have a question....... why did you originally start writing this blog. Was it out of boredom or did you have something that you needed to get out???? Also looking back has your blog turned out the way you intended?" I honestly have no idea why I started a blog. Misguided Mommy had one, and I enjoyed reading it and I saw that it gave her a forum to talk about anything she wanted, and here and there she would get some feedback about problems in her life, so I thought it couldn't be all bad. I figured if I didn't get into it, I probably wouldn't have any readers (except her) so if I decided to stop blogging it wouldn't be a big deal. Also, I has tossed around the idea of writing a fiction book and figured that this might be a way for me to try my hand out at writing and see if I was any good at it. I now realize that writing a blog is nothing like writing a novel would be, but it has still showed me that I actually really do enjoy writing (although who knows if I am any good at it) and that, maybe, my far-fetched idea of writing a book isn't THAT far-fetched. When I started writing I had no expectations of what my blog is, or should be, so I can't say that it has or hasn't turned out the way I expected. That's the problem with expectations, if you don't have them you can never realized that you never met them! Most of the people in my real life don't realize I have a blog, and only a few that know I have it, actually read it. I have written a few posts that have pissed off some of my real life friends. I don't regret them. They have caused me and those people to come to a much more honest place than we were before, even though there were some hard times in there as well. I haven't told most of my family I write this blog, not for fear that they will read it, but because I want a place that is outside the realm of my family. If that makes any sense?!? Now I think I am just rambling so hopefully that answered your question because I am going to stop myself before I lose you guys!

Ok, I think I answered them all. If I missed any, please let me know and I will try to answer them.

1 comment:

Dyan said...

Your blog: Ya for you... I am glad you actually said you should never be afraid of saying something you feel (I have done this my entire life, as you may not know), regardless who may read it.... so, I am proud of you for saying that, cause I have felt that for years, that I could never say what I in fact truly mean.... I feel like I can here, for once in my life...in life you will piss someone off... and whatever... we're adults and we move on.... so Yay for you!!!!