Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Speaking of "The Rules"...

Misguided Mommy has begun to share the utter dorkiness that was our friendship when we were younger in some of her guest posts, however she hasn't even begun to scratch the surface. As proof of this, I have unburied some of my old photo albums and scrapbooks and now have proof of the dork's that we were.


To start...we had a "Rules" card. If I remember correctly, this was created when we were in middle school (correct me if I am wrong Shannon, we all know you have an uncanny ability to remember every random fact of every story of every event that ever happened to us). If you look closely, you can see that our card was "laminated" (i.e. covered in tape) so we could carry it with us so we could always refer to our "rules" if need be while cruising the roller skating rink for older guys, or getting kicked out of the Hilton arcade (only to eventually end up in some guy's room...which, as you can see, was against our rules. We were always a bit rebellious (or at least Shannon was, and I got dragged along for the ride...)


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laminated rules...LMAO! That is hysterical!!!

misguidedmommy said...

oh man. okay so, the rules were originally created for a new years i believe. we knew we were going to be at the hilton all night so we made them. we were about 14. i remember trying to convince some guy at johnny rockets that i was 16 and then showing him the rules to show him why i couldn't go to his room. sigh! uggg! super dorks.

Jen said...

OH. MY. GOB. BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!! OMG TOTALLY LMAO!!!!!!! AHHAHAHAHAHAAA! THAT IS AWESOME! I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU STILL HAVE THAT!

Anonymous said...

Okay now I am really dying here of laughter...you showed the rules to some guy! LOL!!!!

Shannon you are tooo funny!!!!

Ginger said...

Jen - there is no way I will ever get rid of this! Not only is it completely ridiculous, it is such a great reminder of our youth and our friendship!

Patty - As embarrased as I am to admit this, we may have shown it to many guys...and I remember many occasions where we pulled it out to reference it.

Marni's Organized Mess said...

Oh my! How cute is that!? My best friend and I have those kinds of things too. lol.

Glad I found your blog. :)