Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Friday, January 11, 2008

My day.

Do you every have days where you feel like you didn't get anything done? Do you every have days where you KNOW you didn't get anything done? Today was the later. My day went as follows:

7:30 - Woke up, hit snooze, went back to sleep

7:38 - Woke up again because I had a 65 lbs dog laying on top of me licking my face.

7:38-7:45 - Stumble around my condo looking for something warm to wear, shoes for my feet and my keys and a leash.

7:45-8:20 - walk dog

8:20-8:55 (or maybe 9:00, depending on which clock you were reading) - Get ready for work (BTW, wearing the exact same outfit I wore on Monday...and no, I haven't done laundry between then and now, so yes, I am wearing the same sweater and same jeans as I did on Monday)

9:00-9:05 - Drive to coffee place to meet boss for monthly 'out of office' meeting.

9:05-10:50 - Monthly out of office meeting with boss (who is leisurely enjoying her time away from her newborn baby). We discuss: her parents and her baby, how her husband has left her for 2 days with a 2 month old baby, my vacation to Cozumel, my crappy cell phone, a few office gossip tidbits, some actual office related stuff, some more gossip about a social engagement I attended last night, a few more office related items and then finally we decided to go get me a new cell phone for work.

11:00 - arrive at Verizon, get call from office saying that my 12 o'clock interview just arrived. Hmm, talk about being early! I tell her I am in the middle of something and ask if she can wait? Was that horrible of me? Sorry, I needed a new work cell phone and when was I going to get my boss to the cell phone store.

11:10-11:48 - Look at and purchase new cell phone. Decided on a Blackberry Pearl.

11:48-11:58 - Drive frantically to work because I totally lost track of time and realize that not only have a made this person wait (she was early!), I am now running late. I feel so bad because I had planned on being back in the office by 11, 11:30 tops.

11:58-12:05 - Drop purse in office, pee, grab water and interview questions and apologize for running late to interviewee.

12:05-12:40 - Interview interviewee. I think she asked me more questions than I asked her.

12:40-12:42 - Pee again, that 24 oz. iced coffee and bottle of water are catching up to me.

12:42-1 - Check emails, check voice mails, return 2 out of about 10 calls I needed to return.

1-1:30 - Interview another person. Great but overqualified for the position I am hiring for. She could do my job! Well, maybe...

1:30-2 - Wander aimlessly around the office trying to waste the remainder of the day since I haven't really done anything except return a phone call.

2-2:40 - Go get lunch. Accidentally lock keys on new phone and can't figure out how to unlock them, that is after I take about half a dozen pictures of my legs before i realized I was pressing the camera button.

2:40-3 - Not really sure. I think I sat at my desk maybe reading a few more emails, getting some licorice from the break room, going pee, maybe answering the phone a few times.

3-3:30 - Answering a few phone calls, offered to help receptionist finish up some stuff (she didn't want help but hey, I tried)

3:30-4:30 - Had in-office meeting discussing problems with satellite office and staff, try to plan trip to satellite office location for a day, realize there are like 2 days for the rest of the month I have available to go (because between now and the end of Jan. I will only be in the office for 6 days, I am sure everyone is super happy about that!)

4:30 - Send receptionist home early because I felt bad for leaving her alone most of the day. Realize I really want a caramel frappachino even though I had a humongous iced latte this morning. Decide I probably shouldn't have the caramel frap.

4:30-4:45 - Didn't do much, talked with a few people in the hallway about satellite office problems and possible trip.

4:45-5 - Faxed a few completed reports to clients. Still want the caramel frap...

5-5:30 - Wrote blogs.

So, as you can see, today was a SUPER productive day for me. What do they expect, making me work a 5 day week after working 2 - 3 day weeks in a row!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Yeah that's like my typical day at work every day!