Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

25 things to do in my 25th year...Revisted

I figured since it is halfway through the year, I thought I would revised my list of things I set forth to do in July...

1. Travel to Belize and go sea kayaking and snorkeling (mine as well start off with a bang!).
I am going to Cozumel, Mexico...it's not Belize but I can go kayaking and snorkeling.

2. Take a cooking class
Signed up for one in Feb. Good enough as done

3. Master making a lemon tart
No comment

4. Paint my condo a color besides white
No comment

5. Lose 10 pounds (I really want to lose 20 but let's start with 10 and see where we go)
No comment

6. Find something to be passionate about.
Not Yet

7. Get a phone line installed in my 'office' and move my computer off of my dining room table (yeah, this has been on my to do list since I moved into my condo 2 years ago, I just relocate my computer when needed).
No comment

8. Keep all of my house plants alive (Exception: the one plant that is half dead already does not count!)
Woohoo! I got one done so far.

9. Sleep underneath the stars.
Not Yet

10. Skinny dip.
Not Yet

11. Find Mr Right (or Mr. Right Now Wanna Have Some Fun). I am ok with either.
Well Mr. Right (i.e. Dog Park Guy) decided I wasn't Ms. Right so I am starting over...although Mr. Right Now (i.e. McBootyCall) lives right down the street. But I need some new men in my life so I have actively been keeping my eyes open for guy meeting opportunities.

12. Buy myself flowers for no reason.
I have some right now.

13. Have someone else buy me flowers (refer to #11)
Not Yet

14. Eat at a restaurant I've never eaten at before.
Luciano's on Lakeside with my girlfriends after picking out bride's maid dresses, the mushroom ravioli's are to die for, and their bartender makes a damn good Cosmo!

15. Write a book.
This counts doesn't it?

16. Take a dance class.
Not Yet

17. Go to the Chocolate Bar more than once this year.
Not Yet

18. Ask out the dog park guy (even if I still am not sure if he likes me or not).
We all know how this one turned out, but I am still proud of myself for asking him out...twice...even it he never called...both times.


19. Finish reading 100 Years of Solitude (I've started it 4 times and never seem to get past the first 20 pages).
Not Yet

20. Finish the photo collage I bough the frames for 6 months ago.
Not Yet

21. Clean out my closet.
Kind of...it's all sitting in bags in my spare room now!

22. Be a better friend.
Ummm, not sure...how am I doing?

23. Visit Yosemite.
Not Yet

24. Not let others make me feel guilty about how I decide to spend my vacations and/or holidays.
Not Yet

25. Learn how to ride a bike (nope, still haven't gotten it down).
Not Yet

Well, I've gotten a few...and I few I can't do until the weather perks up so I have an excuse for not accomplishing them. And I've gotten a few half way there's (traveling to Mexico instead of Belize, cleaning out my closet...kind of). I'll check in after a few more months and see what else I need to accomplish by July 12, 2008!

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

YOU KNOW ITS A NEW YEAR ITS NOT TO LATE TO JOIN US ON THE TUMMY TUCK BLOG IF YOU WANNA WORK ON #5. IF NOT...WELL THEN I'LL GO TO THE CHOCOLATE BAR WITH YOU AFTER I MEET MY 20 LBS WEIGHT LOSS!

Emily Brownell said...

Gosh I have a list like that that I keep in my wallet, b/c some new age chic told me that her psychic said this was the best way to make them come true, blah... Anyway its going to be a great year and all us deserving women will find our man! Check out me new blog (a resolution) I think you will like it.
www.wellputrunonsentence.blogspot.com