Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, June 3, 2007

I am so pathetic.

Ok, I am at the point in my dating life that my mother and grandmother are now trying to pick up men for me...mind you in ways I tried to pick up guys when I was in high school.

I just got back from dinner with my mom and grandma. The entire meal our waiter was looking at me and smiling at me and flirting with me...and yes, Shannon, I was flirting back. Anyways, I am pretty sure the only reason he was flirting was because I had a low cut dress on and my boobs are huge and therefore he has an excellent cleavage shot from his vantage point but then again, I was the one with the big boobs wearing the low cut dress so I didn't really mind. For those of you who don't know, I like my boobs. The are big but not that big, and well...ok, I will stop talking about my boobs and get back to my number 1 reason for why I need to date more often.

The end of dinner comes and my mom, who always likes to point out to me when waiters flirt with me (which happens on a regular basis for some reason...Maybe because I like to order drinks, appetizers, dinner and dessert and I normally leave a pretty decent tip? Maybe I have just found my target audience...don't you like that I had an entire offshoot inside the ()'s? Anyways...), points out that the waiter was flirting with me. My grandma then proceeds to say "Should I write her number on the receipt?" Seriously, have I got to the point where my mother and grandmother are my wingmen? I need to start dating more, that was truly an embarrassing moment. And no they didn't leave my number because by that point I was too embarrassed that I just had to get out of the restaurant. But he was cute and if I have him as a waiter again I might consider slyly slipping my number into the check.

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

DONT BE MODEST YOUR BOOBS ARE GIANORMOUS

Jen said...

LOL! (To Shannon's comment)

Oh! You should TOTALLY leave your number for cute waiter(s)! I used to do it ALL THE TIME! Guys like it when you are the one that initiates stuff, that way they don't have to GUESS that you are interested... Sometimes they call, sometimes they don't, but HEY! Why not just give it a shot?