Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Saturday, June 30, 2007

An afternoon with my dog.

So for you mommy bloggers out there, you should know that I consider my dog on the same level as your kids. I buy her treats, spoil her rotten and she has complete control over my life. I also love her unconditionally and talk about all the cute things she does.

I should also include that my dog is probably as smart as most 2 year olds (and possibly smarter than I am most days). Last night I took her to the park after leaving her stuck in my little condo all day. She gets very excited about going to the park. As in the second I let her out of the house she goes tearing down the stairs, but waits patiently for me to follow her down. She then tears across the parking lot and waits patiently at my car. Then last night, when we got to the park, she tore out of the backseat of my car and ran straight up the tennis courts. I should tell you that her new favorite activity at the park is to play ball inside the tennis courts. I think she likes it for two reasons (1) it is closer to the nasty stream that I begrudgedly (so not a word I know) let her swim in (or lie in a roll around in the mud in to be more accurate) and (2) no other dog can steal her ball if she doesn't catch it. To continue, last night she tore out of my car and up to the tennis courts. Only the door into the tennis court (which is almost always open) was closed and BAMM, she ran right into it before she could stop herself. After regaining her composure she just stood there and pranced around waiting for me to let her in. Kinda of cute, really.

When she gets tired of playing ball, she stands on the other side of the tennis courts from me and holds onto the ball until I say ok. The second the word "Ok" comes out of my mouth she takes off towards the previously mentioned nasty stream and proceeds to roll around in the 3 inches of water and get covered in nasty mud and some sort of green slime thing that grows in there. Why do I let my dog do this you are asking yourself? Because she is so cute and happy when she is rolling in mud. How can I say no? I am going to be a horrible mother...you want that candy because it makes you happy? sure why not! You want to dye your hair purple? Sure why not, it might be cute!

However, onto the part about how my dog is probably as smart, at least, as any 2 year old. She always takes her ball in the stream with her, and immediately drops it just out of reach for me which means she can play and play and play in the nasty stream until SHE decides she wants to pick the ball back up and bring it to me. This is exactly what happened last night. For 20 minutes. My dog ran up and down the nasty stream, eating grass, rolling in mud, all the while checking to make sure I was still standing there waiting for her. I even tried the whole 'walk away and pretend like you are leaving thing'...didn't work. I finally came back and she was sitting there munching on nasty stream grass. Yes, my dog eats grass. She always has. She doesn't eat extreme amounts but she defiantly grazes some times. Is this weird to anyone else? I used to think so but I see dogs at the park doing it all the time so I finally gave it and just let her graze. Now I could yell at her and just leave the ball in the nasty stream but then I would constantly being buying new tennis balls (I am broke enough as is) and she is just so cute doing it that I let her get away with it.

I bet you guys all thought I had some moral for this story...nope, I just some randomness for your Saturday afternoon.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

sooo, animals eat grass to help their digestive systems. if they have upset tummys or don't feel regular they eat grass. also they just eat it for fun to keep regular....grass = dog fiber! hence the reason my cat eats my plants, its as close as he gets to grass.....