Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Possibly the best show on TV...

I am house sitting for a few days which means I get to pretend like I am up to date on the current tv shows on all the channels except the fuzzy ones I get on my tv with my old fashioned rabbit ears (i.e. I get to watch cable tv). Around 11:30pm last night I was channel surfing when I came across a show on Lifetime called "Gay? Straight? or Taken?". This is probably the best show on t.v. for 2 reasons: (1) you get to see some pretty girl get screwed out of the hot guys AND a cool vacation because her gaydar isn't finely tuned and (2) you get to see the look on the guys faces when the stupid girl with the broken gaydar tells the straight, single guy that she thinks he is gay.

The premise of the show is that a girl thinks she is going on a dating show (I am sure she knows up front but whatever...) with 3 available men. In the first few minutes she gets a call on her cell phone from a woman saying "one of them men you are with is my husband, and if you choose him, we get your trip." A few minutes later she gets another call from a man saying 'one of the men you are with is my partner, if you choose him, we get your trip." Then she spends the rest of the show trying to decide which one is the straight, available guy. If she picks him, they get some fancy schmancy vacation. If she thinks either the taken guy or the gay guy is actually the straight single guy, they get her fancy schmancy trip.

Now maybe I am just in amazement of the plethora of t.v. shows on that I never get to see but all I know is that last night the straight single guy wearing the pink polo shirt didn't look too impressed when he got called gay.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.