Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hmmm, does this seem strange to you?

So I realize I've been talking about sex a lot lately. But I mean, I'm finally getting some and it's all I seem to be thinking about, so here is yet another post about sex. And politics.

Last night, Dallas came over for a little late night booty call. He was supposed to stop by after work, but around 9pm (and after a bottle of cheap wine) I sent him a text message that might have been slightly vulgar...but I won't subject you to that, I just wanted to see where he was and encourage him to come over. He sent me one back "On my way" so 45 minutes later he finally showed up, dressed in sweats and said he was already in bed because he forgot about coming over! What kind of guy forgets about a booty call? Shouldn't I be the one forgetting? I am sure you can figure out what happened next, but the following conversation occurred, post-coital:

Him: You know it would be nice if we actually went out sometime, I don't want to just come over here and bang.
Me: Umm, yeah, I guess we could go out sometime. I mean we were going to have dinner that first night, that never happened though.

Now wait a minute...shouldn't I be the one saying that I want more than just sex out of a relationship. The thing is, we laid in bed talking for a while after this and I'm not so sure I want anything more from him than sex. Or even that anymore. I mean, he's really good in bed. But he is a gun-toting, Bush-adoring, pro-war, gas-guzzling republican. I don't talk about politics much but I am definitely a liberal. I'm not sure I would class myself as a democrat, because I don't really believe there is a big difference between Democrats and Republicans, but I am definitely more of a granola crunching, anti-Bush, tree-hugger type than most. I'm not one to throw someone aside just because they are a Republican, but WOW, he is really a Republican. AND HE REALLY LIKES BUSH. LIKE THINKS HE HAS DONE AN AMAZING JOB IN THE PAST 8 (7?) YEARS. LIKE ADORES HIM. LIKE I COULDN'T GET HIM TO STOP GOING ON AND ON ABOUT HOW GOOD OF A JOB HE THINKS BUSH HAS DONE.

So now I am torn, he's really good in bed, but I'm not entirely sure I can morally let someone who likes Bush THAT much in my bed EVER AGAIN! And I definitely don't want to be subjected to that type of Bush-loving ranting ever again. Especially in my bed, while I'm naked!

Ahhh, Thursday night with Memphis is looking more and more appealing.

3 comments:

Dyan said...

I do believe that it is weird he forgot, but maybe he is just like that... I mean, Zach sometimees forgets I "requested" to have sex 4 hours ago; if he has a lot on his mind (is that TMI?)... and he is the same person that can't remember what I asked him to pick up at the store 3 hrs earlier....

Anyways.... seeing as my father-in-law is a die hard republican and we are a military family and not really sure what party we are or want to belong to.... I see your predicament. I do not agree with most shit Bush has done.... so I can understand you're frustration (?). I do not discuss politics with my father-in-law, but I will have to say it is important that Zach and I are on the same page with most political stuff, cause it will affect our life together and some decision we will/have made as a family.... and considering you're not even discussing (with your readers anyway) a lengthy relationship want with this guy, the maybe you can eventually discuss your beliefs, and show him how much they differ. :) I dunno, is that such a good idea? Or, you could just stop seeing him, if it bothers you that much.

Jen said...

Ew ditch him. I cannot even BELIEVE there are still Bush supporters out there besides my in laws...

But yeah. He's an idiot. Clearly you have no problem finding men. So move on!

Anonymous said...

Wow how annoying! Bush is obnoxious/stupid enough as it is, but as an after sex convo.....NO WAY! I like Mephis better anyway!

"It's obvious our economy is in a slowdown. But, fortunately, we recognized the signs early and took action." FUCKING MORON!!!!