Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

When it's so good the earth moves...

Friday night Memphis came over. I made this for dinner, only with chicken instead of steak. We shared a bottle of wine and some good conversation. It was a good night. No, a great night. Want to know why? I mean, the food was good, the wine was good, the company was great. But it was this next thing that made the night memorable. For those of you not familiar with the Reno area, we have been having a shitload of earthquakes lately. Last weekend there was something like 250 recorded earthquakes. Most are so small no-one feels them, but the biggest one (a 4.7 magnitude) hit on Friday night around 11:30 pm. While most people were being jarred awake by the earth shaking, or things being flung from cabinets or falling off walls, I was enjoying something so much better. While the earth was ACTUALLY shaking, I was having my world rocked. It's not too often you can say someone rocked your world, and mean it both literally and figuratively.

And the best part (well...maybe not the best part) of the evening, was that he even did my dishes again. Hmmm, life has been pretty good lately.

2 comments:

Dyan said...

Couldn't be happier for you sweetheart... you TRULY deserve a MAN, (not a guy, a MAN) who can rock your world. While it is SO important to rock your world, um, physically.... it is even more important they he rock your world mentally as well.... THAT matters when the day is over. YAY for you, and anytime you wanna dish explicits all about Memphis(brave enough on your blog.. LORD knows I am not... yet), I am all ears! not just the kinky stuff, like what makes him tick... we know about the gun-ho republican.... what is Memphis truly like?

Jen said...

That is AWESOME in so many ways!