Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Writing gives my mind a break.

I've always enjoying writing. I honestly have no idea how good of a writer I am. I feel like most of the time my writing is full of non-sensible run-on sentences but I enjoy doing it. It gives me an outlet for my random thoughts. I write for myself because when I put something in writing I feel like it gives my mind a break. It lets me store my thoughts in a place I know I can always come back to if I need to, but it also lets me release ideas and feelings that I'm not sure I want to express to other or ideas that I just don't want to store in my head anymore. I write for my sanity and the more I do it, the more I feel like I need to do it.

I've never been a very open person about my feelings. To anyone. I share very little with other people about what happens to me, or how I feel. I have no idea why I am like this and I am sure that it has caused stress in many of my relationships. When I write I feel like I can say anything. It's an ironic freedom I feel. I know people are going to read it, I know people are going to listen to and judge my feelings and my rantings. Yet I have no hesitation.

On occasion, I sit down at my computer and I start writing. I have no idea where my mind will take me. Sometime I start with a thought and I end up probing some memory or idea stored deep inside. I start writing about things I never even thought of before I started writing.

Sometimes I write about things that happen to me, sometimes I write what I am feeling, sometimes I just feel like sharing random facts. And sometimes my writings piss people off, or hurt their feelings. I don't quite know how to handle dealing with hurting people with what I say. Just as I have no idea how to handle dealing with the fact that my writing may help someone, or bring a smile to someones face. How do professional writers deal with all the pressure that originates from just writing there thoughts down on a piece of paper? And trust me, I am well aware that most of my writing is completely irrelevant to anybody but me, but like I said...I write for myself.

No comments: