Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

This is what just happened to me.

So I am not what you would call a good neighbor. I have lived in my condo for almost 2 years and I don't know the name of any of my immediate neighbors. I know the names of 1 couple who live on the other side of the building from me. Most of my neighbors seem nice enough, I smile and say hi but that is about it. In the condo across the "hall" (the upstairs outdoor balcony) from me is a girl probably about the same age as me. She seems nice enough, has an annoying little dog that tried to eat my dog alive even though it is half the size of my dog and a cat who always says hi to me when i walk by. She is a little chubby but pulls it off because she is a funky kind of chick you would find hanging out in a tattoo shop. Her hair is black but she always has little strands of it in funky colors like blue and red and green and orange. Recently there has been a person staying at her house. I have to admit I have no idea if she is still there (I think I remember seeing her car yesterday but I could be wrong). I have no idea if this person is a friend, a lover (my last guess) or a roommate. Up until this evening I have only seen this mystery person from far away but she seemed like a tall, skinny dark haired women who was dressing like she was a 40 year old trying to act like she was 20.

This evening I am walking up from my parking space and head towards my stairs. I see the mystery guest heading up the stairs right in front of me. Since I pretty much follow her up the stairs when she turns to open her door I smile politely and say Hi. I continue to walk to my door and open it at the same time she is opening my neighbors door. Apparently my neighbors cat (I wish I knew her name because I am getting sick of typing 'my neighbor') flew out of her condo and into mine. I didn't even notice it and I was about to walk into my condo and I hear a distinctly man's voice say "that wasn't your cat right?". I completely expect to turn around and see a man standing at the door of my neighbor's condo with the mystery guest. I turn around and only see the mystery guest.

"Excuse me?" Is all i can mutter because I am in complete shock about what I just discovered but I pass it off as I didn't hear her (him?).

"I think the cat just ran in your apartment...you don't have a cat do you?" This time in a less distinctly manly voice, almost as if she (he?) was trying to disguise the fact that she (he?) just turned herself in.

"Ahhh, no. Hold on, let me get the cat." I go into my condo and get the cat who did, somehow fly by me into my condo.

"Here you go." I handed her (him?) the cat. At this time I get a better look at her (his?) face and yup, it was definitely a guy.

I scurry into my apartment, holding in my laughter. Now that may sound mean but trust me, I am not the kind of person to judge a person on how they decide to dress or act. I was just in complete and utter shock because I couldn't believe what I just discovered. It's always entertaining to me when you discover something like that about a person you barely know. It's a just a quick reminder that life is never what you expect it to be and that sometimes things and people aren't who you think they are. Goes back to the age old saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover."

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

okay, so i thought you were going to say, it was my same neighbor but somehow she lost a bunch of weight and got fashion sense or ummm she had lipo...i was sooo not expecting a he/she thats awesome. K next, here is how the above sentence was originally typed (or at least a few of the words) neibot, neibhot, fassion, fasion, sesne, snesse, sensse, expectpig, epctecting, tahts.

i'm fucking brilliant.