Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Ending Relationships. Ending Friendships.

Disclaimer: Now let me make it clear to any of my friends reading this, I have no intention of 'breaking up' with any of you. This is just a random thought that I felt the need to share with the world.

I'm at a weird place with one of my friends now. Because of this, I have spent the last 48 hours pretty consistently thinking about friends and relationships (instead of the normal gibberish that fills my head which pretty much consists of alternating thoughts of sex, food, work, and day dreams of places I can't travel to).

I am wondering, does having sex with someone make the difference in being able to end a relationship, to walk away when you decide that the pros out weight the cons? Why is it socially acceptable to end a romantic relationship but when it comes to ending friendships, why is looked upon as giving up or being a horrible person? People end romantic relationships everyday because of incompatibilities between one partner and the other; they end relationships with people whom they share houses with, they share finances with, they share kids with. Yet ending a friendship, with a person whom you generally share none of those things with, is nowhere near as acceptable as ending a marriage.

Like I said, just a random thought.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

on friends they just phased people out, you know started screening their calls and not answering their door and ALWAYS having plans....i've tried this before (so have you with me) its hard shit....i think because when you end a relationship its usually because of some hurt so you dont care how they react when you end it, or becuase you arent' compatable romantically but you know you will remain friends, but with a friendship there is no breaking up but staying friends, you know no matter what you will hurt this person and since you still care it is hard. hmmmmmmm, dunno, i just know i've tried and the shit is hard