Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, May 20, 2007

Redneck Twilight Zone

Ok, so I get by Shannon's comments I obviously am not blogging nearly enough. Sorry about that, I barely had time to breath this week, let alone write blogs.

But after an extreme shopping day with my mom (I can't even admit to myself how much I spent on new clothes) and a weekend full of rest, I feel I have to share this moment with you guys.

It's about 9:15pm and I ran to Scolari's to pick up some dog food for my poor dog who has been stuck inside all day alone. I get in line behind the following three people: Miss White Trash Punk Chick, Mr. Cowboy wearing wranglers and a vest and Mr. Weirdo who looks like he should be living with his parents. This is what they are purchasing: Hickory Smoked Spam and the $0.99 can of chili that is so big it could probably feed a small county. While the checker is ringing them up, they start talking about him (the checker) and him getting jumped on the street (he had stitches above one eye). Mr. Cowboy with the vest says "well that's when you turn around and hit them with a 2 by 4..." and the checker says "Yeah, but I was walking down the street so I didn't really have a 2 by 4 with me..." Then the checker says "you know this tastes much better with the original flavor (holding up the can of Spam)". Mr. Cowboy responds "I don't know, I like that flavor..." Seriously, do people really eat Spam? Seriously?

I guess I shouldn't make too much fun of them, the checker scanned 1 of the 4 cans of dog food I had and said "Looks like 1 can to me...that will be $1.06."

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

ummmmmmmmmm my husband looooooves spam. his favorite breakfast is spam, with scrambled eggs, and fried rice. second, he was sooooooo happy (because i made so much fun of him for this)when we went to hawaii and we saw spam and eggs on the mcdonalds breakfast menu.

let me also state, both my mom and grandpa think rob is "good people" because he eats spam, because they both quote, "love spam"

Jen said...

Spam is gross.

That checker was totally hitting on you!