Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Sunday, May 6, 2007

I miss my friend.

A year ago a friend of mine moved away to be with her fiance while he went to school. First of all, I can't believe it has been a year already but secondly, I miss her. She was a great friend to just hang out with, to have a great conversation with or to go out with. In fact, she has really been the only friend of mine that has enjoyed just going out to a bar to have fun. To dance and drink and talk and giggle and people watch with. We have always been very much on the same page when we go out, of course it's fun to look at guys and flirt with them, but we are really out just have fun.

She was in town this weekend and we went out dancing and drinking and giggling and people watching. I realized how much I miss this part of our friendship. Of course it is great that she moved to a town where I now really enjoy visiting, it gives me another excuse to travel somewhere, but there was always something about our nights out that is just fun. The dancing at the front of the stage, singing along with the cover band, until our feet hurt so much we end up walking to our car barefoot and then end up eating Denny's at 4 am kind of fun.

Just a little sappy I miss my friend moment brought to you Ginger's "That kind of girl..." blog.

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

dork. we so didnt go get tacos today...instead we blew 200.00 on face wash and body wash and other pimple fighting things.....actually i spent it and rob went.....uhhhhh ummm what now?