Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, May 1, 2007

My evening...

This is how my evening went...

6:30 pm
I'm driving home from work feeling like I got off early when really I got off at 6:30. It's sad that I think that is getting off early. Because I feel like I got off early, my alter-ego "Chef Ginger" decided to show her head.

7pm
I go to the grocery store and buy $50.00 worth of groceries even though I have a full fridge at home. I went there because I needed the following items: cream cheese and cherries (for cheesecake because I mentioned it to Shannon earlier and now I've been thinking about it all day), chicken and tomato sauce for chicken parmigiana. I also leave with 2 bottles of this fizzy apple wine that Shannon introduced me to and a whole crapload of other things I don't need.

7:30
I go home and do my dishes because I had a sink full of dishes from last nights disaster of a soup cooking event. I can't start cooking with a sink full of dishes. My long lost friend from Seattle calls and we start gossiping. Since I am doing something un-fun (dishes) and something fun (talking to my girlfriend) I decide to pour myself a glass of wine.

7:45
I make chicken parmigiana. While it's in the oven, I decide I should just cook my spaghetti squash now because the last time I bought one, I can't believe I am admitting this, it sat on top of my fridge for 4 months until I finally threw it out. It takes so long to cook so I figured if I cook it now, I can have it for dinner tomorrow night. I now have chicken and a squash in the oven, and another full glass of wine in my hand.

8:30
The chicken comes out of the oven. Meanwhile I am still on the phone with my girlfriend. I stand over my sink eating my dinner, talking on the phone and drinking another glass of wine.

9pm
The squash comes out. By now I've gotten off of the phone and decide that I still want cheesecake so I start making it.

9:15
Friend calls back, we talk for a little while longer. I finish off the bottle.

9:30
The cheesecake finally goes in the oven. I have no idea what took me a half hour to blend some cream cheese, sugar and eggs together. Maybe because i had to open the second bottle of wine.

9:35
I check the cheesecake because now all I can think about is cheesecake.

9:45
See 9:35 entry. Except this time I now have another glass of wine.

9:52
See 9:35 entry.

10:11
See 9:35 entry.

10:30pm
The cheesecake finally comes out of the oven. Except now i have to wait for it cool.

11pm
Oh yeah, I love cheesecake. MMMMMMMM.

11:10pm
Ok, maybe just one more small piece...

11:12
Damn it it, I now have an ENTIRE kitchen full of dirty dishes. Fuck me! I am drunk, full and can't go to bed with this many dishes in my kitchen (yes, they would be there until Sat. if i don't do them now). If I hadn't been drunk maybe i would have done the dishes while the cheesecake was in the oven, instead I sat around watching t.v.

11:30pm
Now I am drunk and full and I have a clean kitchen.

Totals for the evening
3- number of dishes cooked (remember I am single and live alone)
1.5 - bottles of wine drank by yours truely
15 - number of burns on my fingers, arms and (explain this one) stomach

2 comments:

misguidedmommy said...

you are fucking hilarious ginger....why didnt you go see that certain someone while you were all drunk and brave dammit

Stephanie said...

Classic! Sounds like something I have done quite a few times. What is this wine you were drinking? I might have to try it in a few weeks...