Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, September 10, 2007

My Senior Year in High School.

So I totally ripped this off of Scott's blog but I thought it was a fun set of questions, and I can't think of anything better to share with you today...so this is what you get:


1. Who was your best friend? Shannon

2.What sports did you play? Ummm, senior year nothing...I worked. I think I was still kickboxing outside of school at that time.

3. What kind of car did you drive? A beat up red Izuzu truck...it was my sisters, now my dad drives it.

4. It’s Friday night, where were you? With friends, partying or just hanging out at some one's house...or a football game if there was one going on.

5. Were you a party animal? Not really, made my fair share of appearances but I preferred hanging with a few close friends.

6. Were you considered a flirt? No, but an alarming number of girls admitted after the fact they thought I was a bitch...screw them, I was just shy.

7. Were you in band, orchestra, or chorus? Ahh, yeah NO. The last instrument I played was the flute in elementary school.

8. Were you a nerd? Sure didn't think so, but I know I wasn't one of the cool kids either, somewhere in the middle.

9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Not senior year, I got suspended once freshman year for calling one of my teachers a slimeball asshole. For the record, he totally was and later quit because a student accused him of sexual harassment. My parents were proud of me at the time.

10. Can you sing the fight song? I could then...not now, but I still have that silly yellow card with the fight song on it though.

11. Who was your favorite teacher? Ummmm, I barely remember most of my teachers. Mrs. Lindsay probably. Or Mrs. Greenhall.

12.What was your school’s full name? Galena High School

13. School mascot? Grizzly Bear, black and 'gold' (or really yellow because there were too cheap to buy gold things, so everything was yellow)

14. Did you go to prom? Almost not, but I did. Shannon was my date.

15. If you could go back and do it over, would you? Yeah, I would ditch school way more often and get in more trouble...and kiss more boys.

16. What do you remember most about graduation? The fireworks and being freaked out that I would trip down the stairs. Also making out with with my fuck buddy before he was my fuck buddy on the 'safe and sober' boat ride after graduation.

17. Where were you on senior skip day? Ummm, I honestly have no idea. Wait, I think at Pyramid Lake with a bunch of people.

18. Did you have a job your senior year? Yes, for a heating and air conditioning company.

19. Where did you go most often for lunch? At the Raley's shopping center...mostly Micky D's, sometimes Raley's or Port of Subs and once in a while at home.

20. Have you gained weight since then? Uhhhh, yeah, I think so...

21. What did you do after graduation? They had a 'safe and sober' boat ride that I totally wasn't going to go on because I thought it was lame...until the last minute when I realized almost all my other friends were going...so I ended up going and having a blast, that is until I got home at 6 am and went to go to sleep in my bed and found out I had no where to sleep because my relatives had taken all the beds...I grabbed a sleeping bag and a lawn chair and went in the back yard to sleep. No-one knew I was even home until about 10 when I woke up and went inside and they were all eating breakfast.

22. When did you graduate? June 2000 (maybe June 7, 2000...it was a Wed. wasn't it?)

23. Who was your Senior prom date? Shannon...not in THAT way, get your minds out of the gutter. And didn't I already cover this.

24. Are you going to your 10 year reunion? Probably, it should be interesting...and for the record, I CANNOT believe that my 10 year HS reunion is in less than 3 years. Fuck time went by fast.

25. Who was your home room teacher? Ahh, yeah, we didn't have home rooms.

3 comments:

Margaret said...

Ugh, just had our 20th reunion last November. I feel sooo old, sorta. Besides the fact that all the girls got married and had kids young making them all granny's now. I waited and have a 4 year old.

Great Meme, I may have to borrow this one myself. Nice blog also - I found you by accident surfing other blogs this evening.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to ask what's with the "bugs" in the Special K?

Jen said...

OMG I thought the safe and sober boat ride SUCKED! Apparently me and my friends were the only ones that didn't get the MEMO that it wasn't actually all that SOBER. So we were bored the whole time.

Oh and I am only going to our 10 year reunion if YOU go.. and Shannon and Steph because I don't want to just GOooo.. You know? OMG I feel like I'm in high school again already!