Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, September 3, 2007

First, to take care of some business...I've been tagged

I was tagged by Shannon to share 7 of my weird habits or quirks...here you go (you may notice some resemblance to my #1-2 because I share those oddities with Shannon...it's probably why we've stayed friends for so long).

1. I also sniff EVERY dish or piece of silverware before I use them. I CANNOT stand that gross, weird eggyish smell that dishes sometimes have. It totally makes me gag. I have re-washed an entire load of dishes before because every cup had this smell when it came out.

2. I also play with my toe nails or finger nails after I clip them. It's a totally bizarre fascination but I like to see how much I cut off and hard they are.

3. I eat Chicken Cup-O-Noodles dry as a snack sometimes. TECHNICALLY they are already cooked noodles and make a good salty dried snack.

4. I get totally freaked out walking over bridges that have gaps in them (i.e. old wooden bridges). I have no problem driving over them but walking over them I ABSOLUTELY have to step completely on the wooden parts because I freaked out my feet will fall through the bridge and I somehow will fall to my water death (even if the bridge is like 2 feet off the water).

5. I hate packing my lunch! Which is why I never do...I always eat out for lunch or come home at lunch time.

6. I can't sleep in a room that has a clock that makes that 'tick, tick, tick' noise...it drives me absolutely bonkers. Which also explains why when it rains I sleep on the couch because the rain gutter is right near my head on the outside of the building and all I will hear is the 'drip drip drip' noise.

7. I clean my ears out with q-tips every time I get out of the shower. I know it's not good to do it every day but I can't help it, my ears feel weird if I don't.

No bonus #8's from me because I am completely drawing a blank on my weird little behaviours (although I am sure there are a zillion of them that I am not thinking of!).

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

#2 i've never ever known anyone else to do this YAY i'm not a total freak

#3 hmmmm still never tried this, my cousin used to do the ones in the pack and just sprinkle the little flavor pack on it and eat it like toast before he had a wrestling match

#4 seriously we all know about me and bridges

#7 yes i totally do this shit too

hmmm maybe there is a reason we've been friends for so long..also i love how you spelled behaviours with a U as if you were Canadian!