Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Coffee

I have been a bonafide coffee addict since, oh, 7th grade. Yeah, I know...I started early. Ironically, it's my mom's fault because when she would drive me to school (when I missed the bus) we would stop at the local coffee shop because every woman in my family is, as well, a bonafide coffee addict. You ask why that is ironic. Because, even though I am 25, my mom gives me a hard time when I need my daily cup of coffee (ok, really my daily vanilla latte).

Now, there are 2 issues with me being a coffee addict. I am not a normal coffee addict, I am a foo-foo coffee addict. Which means I am rarely satisfied by a cup of brew from my coffee maker at home. Which means I spend way too much money on way too much caffeine at my local coffee shop. Which means my wallet is shelling out around $4.00 a day for the aforementioned latte. The other problem is that it is starting to make me sick. It started about 3 weeks ago. All the sudden, one day, I finished my daily latte and about an hour later, I had the worse acid reflux I have ever had. I originally thought it might be a fluke but nope, it happened every day after that. Guess my body was telling me, "no more coffee! I can't handle it anymore!"

So carefully, for the past week, I have been attempting to wean myself off of coffee. I have been drinking chai, I have been drinking very small amounts of coffee, I have been drinking black tea, I have been drinking green tea...did I mention, with the exception of chai, I don't particularly like tea?

So for the past week, I have been in a coffee-less (well almost coffee-less) partial delirium and have been working at about half speed. Not good for work! Good thing my boss is on vacation! But on the otherhand, my stomach is feeling fabulous (I might have even lost a little weight) and my wallet is gaining a few $$$.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Ginger! I think you and I have traded places! I never drink coffee, I don't really like it all that much- but for the last week I have been trying to drink like one coffee drink a day to keep myself going at work. Otherwise I am so fatigued I freak out and want to go home at like NOON. So I have now adopted your dang Froo Froo COFFEE habit. Thanks a bunch!

misguidedmommy said...

fuck that i would have simply bought a jumbo pack of tums!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Shannon. Nothing gets between me and my coffee!
Katie