Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Have you ever?

Have you ever found yourself walking down a grocery isle talking to yourself, when someone walks around the corner and catches you doing it?

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this little fact about myself but I talk to myself a lot. I will sit at home by myself and just starting talking about random shit. I normally justify it because my dog is hanging around and it's totally cool to be caught talking to your pet, right? But it's completely not cool to be caught talking to yourself when you are walking through the isles of your local grocery store...especially when the person that rounds the corner and catches you doing it is a pretty good looking guy that if, I hadn't been caught up in talking to myself, I might have tried to flash a smile at.

Did I mention that I went to the grocery...that my sole purpose of going to the grocery store tonight...was to purchase an item that I wanted, that once I stood in front of at the grocery store, I realized I had a completely full container of it at home. I am totally losing my mind. I wish I had a better excuse for why I was losing my mind, like say I had been up drinking and partying it up all week, but no, it is because, I have already worked almost 48 hours...that means that after working an 8 hour day tomorrow, I will have worked 16 hours of overtime. Did I mention that I am salaried, which means I don't get paid for those 16 hours of overtime. Did I also mention that I was so busy at work today, that I didn't eat lunch until 6 pm today. Instead the lunch I bought just sat on my desk all day because I was so busy I didn't think about putting it in the fridge...which means when 6pm rolled around and I had a moment to breath, I bite into my sandwich and realized how disgustingly soggy and warm it was...I ate half of it anyways, I hadn't eaten in 8 hours after all!

So that was my day...how was yours?

3 comments:

Jen said...

I talk to myself ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I HAVE TO talk to myself about something because sometimes when I say it out loud it gives me more clarity. I.E. I realize that what I am saying is CRAZY- or completely justified...

Or maybe that is just my EXCUSE for being a wacko. Not sure..

Anonymous said...

I have been caught 100s of times talking to myself...at work...on the street...in stores...at my mom's house. Each pretty funny! But you know what I always give myself the right answer! LMAO!
Yep, I'm nuts and proud of it!

I hear you on being salaried...but SUCKS!!!!

misguidedmommy said...

i woke up and realized that since we moved the tv for the hard wood i had missed the season premier of csi and greys...needless to say i'm in a baddd mood