Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

CCC's (aka Crazy Cell Companies)

This weekend I drove to Elko (from Sparks) for work. For those of you unfamiliar with the area, imagine driving 300 miles with nothing but a bunch of sagebrush, a few muddy puddles and lots and lots of empty space to stare at for 4 1/4 hours. Oh yeah, the occasional cow or car as well. And McDonald's, apparently every small, hick-ass town in Nevada has to have a McDonald's.

I am one of those people that has 2 cell phones (that was a smooth change of subject huh?). I have my personal cell phone and my work cell phone. They are through different providers, but apparently both providers suck (or have some really bored little people working in those cell phone towers sending out crazy little messages to people's cell phones). The following things happened to one, or both of my cell phones during my drive through Boredom (aka central Nevada).

  • One of my phones would randomly switch to reading the correct time to being 2 hours ahead. It would switch back and forth for no apparent reason.
  • I could overhear random conversations while I was on the phone....
  • ...that is when my phones would work.
  • And last but my favorite....Randomly, the following message appeared on one of my cell phones "Say yes or no". When I opened the phone, it disappeared...after that I couldn't seem to get the George Straight song out of my head.

What? I know you are either confused because you were expecting some UFO story (I was driving through the Nevada desert, come on! But alas, you are out of luck) or you are probably asking yourself, "what the hell is Ginger talking about? Did she have a point?" And to that I say, Nope...not a single one, I just had nothing better to talk about so you just got to experience one of Ginger's Random Ramblings.

No comments: