Tasty Temptations

Cooking has always been the one thing where, when I am doing it, nothing else in the world seems to matter. I can cook for minutes or I can cook for hours, but no matter how long I can cook for, I always find myself feeling more like 'me' when I am done. Plus there is no better excuse to drink by yourself than while you are cooking a great meal (All those drunken chefs out there can thank Julia for making this acceptable).

Me and a few of my friends have decided to create a place to share our love of cooking....check us out here.

Can't find something?

Google
 

Monday, March 12, 2007

When you're afraid he'll say yes as much as you're afraid he'll say no...

Have you ever met a guy that you like so much you're afraid he'll say no, but at a point in your life that you are really afraid he'll say yes?

The guy is sexy, cute, loves his dog as much as I love my dog, has a good job, spends his time doing a lot of the sames things as me, has a kind heart and comes from a great family. While I've never really been able to describe my 'type' of guy, he is it. So that explains why I am afraid that he would say no if I asked him out.

On the other hand, it seems crazy that if I like him so much that I would be scared he would say yes. I haven't been on a date, a real life 'flowers when he picks you up and a kiss at the door when he drops you off' kind of date for longer than I can remember. It's amazing how life, school and work can distract you so much that before you know it you haven't been on a date in...well I'm not REALLY going to admit how long it's been but trust me it's been a while. On top of that, I've never had a real relationship. I've never really been a bonified girlfriend. Now trust me I have enjoyed my time being single, I've dated guys, I've slept with guys, I've flirted with guys, I just have never been in a real relationship. So I have to admit I am a little scared that he would say yes because while I have friends so I know I am not some freak of nature that can't carry on a conversation, I do wonder if what I want to talk about would interest him. How ironic it is that I have conversations with the guy all the time but yet I am scared that I wouldn't be able to make it through a date with stuff to talk about. And if you do get past those first few dates, then what? Am I going to have to reveal some of my SSGB's (secret single girl behaviours) to another person (besides my dog of course)? How scary is that!?!? Well I am sure he would enjoy some of my SSGB's but other's would probably just send him running in the other direction.

...I'm going out of town this weekend so I suppose I don't have to worry about it (yeah, that's going to happen).

1 comment:

misguidedmommy said...

wait, hows that now? guys are supposed to bring girls flowers on dates? since when? and if so i'm owed a lot of flowers...anyway. what kind of vibe is he giving off when you guys talk? is he flirty or are you just making small talk at the dog park? also if he said no would you still have to see him every day at the dog park? if only there were big dog events you know like take your dog to the park day and get doggie sundays or sometihng that way you could be like wow we should go to that or something, and make it sorta like a pre date and see what happened if you guys met up there. i know, you could learn to ride a bike and ask him to go on a back road bike ride with your dogs so they could really run wild.....shit, should i have not just told the world that you can't ride a bike? we can remedy that real quick like you know!